Search

Post count decreased

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Post count decreased

My post count decreased from around 2300 to 2200, anyone know why that might be? I can't believe I had a hundred or so mod'd over a couple of days - but I won't write anything off !
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did you participate in any OMNI game/number counting threads that were moved to the new non-post-counting OMNI Games forum?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:58 am

Hi, I had about 800 posts or so (might be more, of course didn't really remember what exactly) - now it shows 1 post (as I did one since yesterday)

Yes, I played in the "counting up to 100.000", but the posts there never counted towards my posting number.. so I'm wondering why it's gone now? I feel so newbie-ish this way
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
Did you participate in any OMNI game/number counting threads that were moved to the new non-post-counting OMNI Games forum?
No.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:25 am
Community Director Emerita

I've called the thread to the attention of the IB tech team.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
No.
You do have 153 posts in one of the games that was moved over to OMNI Games (music association thread).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, I played in the "counting up to 100.000", but the posts there never counted towards my posting number.. so I'm wondering why it's gone now?
With over 5,000 posts in that one thread that would take you down to zero if the posts were deducted, but not sure that was the plan when threads were relocated to the new forum. There was a time when those posts did count a few years back, so some posts in those threads did accrue post count, while others did not.

Sounds like it will eventually be sorted out by the Tech folks.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You do have 153 posts in one of the games that was moved over to OMNI Games (music association thread).
Ah. I thought that was always in OMNI and never counted. Thanks, that explains it then.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:02 pm

With over 5,000 posts in that one thread that would take you down to zero if the posts were deducted, but not sure that was the plan when threads were relocated to the new forum. There was a time when those posts did count a few years back, so some posts in those threads did accrue post count, while others did not.

Sounds like it will eventually be sorted out by the Tech folks.
Yes, hopefully.. I feel so newbish without any posts.. I only started posting there quite recently, so I didn't gained a single posting count from it (I wouldn't have posted there if it would have counted, as I generally don't like spaming to aquire any kind of posting numbers) - but apparently they were all deducted from my account when the thread got moved. Hope it gets sorted out
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I lost over 300 posts, and yes, about four years ago I did play in the counting thread.

But if you are going to take those away, why don't you give me post counts for the thousands of subsantive OMNI posts I have created over the last several years?

Not cool.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the posts should have been grandfathered in. If a post was good enough to count at that time, then it should stand, period.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The more I think about it, the more I feel that the posts should have been grandfathered in. If a post was good enough to count at that time, then it should stand, period.
Or at least for those that posted AFTER they changed the "It doesn't count" should not have those (never counting) posts removed from their counters...

I really hope for a fix, I already got asked why I have so little posts even though he saw me posting many times in that forum (EK)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I believe what happened is that initially, posts counted in the OMNI-games forum upon creation, which was a "glitch." As threads were moved there, post counts increased for those who had participated in those threads, as every post they made there previously counted. When they flipped the switch so that posts in OMNI-games did not count, post counts dropped, due to those posts no longer counting.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well I don't know what it is but it just went down again ! I was over 2200, and now I am not - is there other stuff moving at the moment?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:17 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Tech is rebuilding post counts. Not to worry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.