Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email delivery problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Email delivery problems

If you are having a problem receiving emails from the forum, please let us know in this thread.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:59 pm

I've been signed up for some time now and still have yet to get email notifications when people reply to a subscribed thread :-/
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wesmanz
I've been signed up for some time now and still have yet to get email notifications when people reply to a subscribed thread :-/
This is because you registered with Facebook connect, so we don't have an email address for you. If you update your email address in MyFlyerTalk, you will start receiving emails. Note that when you change your email address you'll have to confirm it before you're able to post again.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
This is because you registered with Facebook connect, so we don't have an email address for you. If you update your email address in MyFlyerTalk, you will start receiving emails. Note that when you change your email address you'll have to confirm it before you're able to post again.
Awesome, figured it might be something like that but didn't want to change anything before getting it figured out....thanks a lot. Sorry for mucking up this thread
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

No worries!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Can't definitely say if the problem is due to this change, but I haven't received an email today after a new post appeared in the subscribed thread. I use a gmail address.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by todorovic
Can't definitely say if the problem is due to this change, but I haven't received an email today after a new post appeared in the subscribed thread. I use a gmail address.
Gmail doesn't seem to be a problem right now. Currently, we're only having issues with Yahoo, but that should be fixed here shortly.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:11 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I've got RBPs/FT emails sent to yahoo.mail and have noted more delays than normal starting yesterday. (About 12-18 hours delayed.) But over some time Yahoo.mail has been erratic. Some msgs. I receive promptly. Others seem delayed for 6-8 hrs. Some weeks/months faster or slower than other months.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: DL silver, AA, Hilton gold, SPG
Cool

looks like nc.rr.com is having delivery problems.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angela24c
looks like nc.rr.com is having delivery problems.
Thanks for reporting this. We're working on the issues.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've been having some issues receiving FT updates on my .mac account. I've gotten most emails, but over the last hour or so, I've gotten nothing
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

We aren't aware of any recent problems with .mac addresses, but I'll go and ask some questions.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: QF SG
I seem to be getting subscription notifications and PMs daily instead of instantly which is my setting.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We aren't aware of any recent problems with .mac addresses, but I'll go and ask some questions.
Any news about .mac? I've still had some delayed emails..
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I used to get several email notifications per day from subscribed threads but since a while I receive none. I checked my email address and setting and they seem to be ok. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.