Search

Thread Preview Text No Longer Appearing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 1:18 pm
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Thread Preview Text No Longer Appearing

Just recently got a new computer, but now when I access FT with Firefox, I no longer am able to preview a thread by hovering over the Thread Title in the list of threads. I seem to vaguely remember a Firefox preference that I think turns this ability on or off, but can't seem to locate it. Any ideas?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e
Just recently got a new computer, but now when I access FT with Firefox, I no longer am able to preview a thread by hovering over the Thread Title in the list of threads. I seem to vaguely remember a Firefox preference that I think turns this ability on or off, but can't seem to locate it. Any ideas?
I'm not sure where the setting is for that, but they are working for me, and I'm using FF on windows 7.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

I have FF 3.6.10 on Mac OS 10.6.3. When I first posted, I had FF 3.6.3, but I've since upgraded to 3.6.10 and still not working. It does work in Safari, but not FF.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:41 am
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Interesting development in this error... when I hover over the "Last Post" area for a thread in the thread list, it still shows me the numbers of replies and views for that thread, but it won't show me the thread preview info when I hover over the thread title. Not sure what the difference is between the two, but figured I'd report it.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:25 pm
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Sorry to bump up this old thread, but think I've found the answer!

I have the Greasemonkey Airport Code Lookup script installed in Firefox, and apparently the script interferes with the thread preview text. When I turn the script off, I am able to see thread previews.

Hope this might help someone else!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:29 am

I always love it when someone comes back after finding the answer and shares it! Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:05 am

I just want to turn off the rollover previews

Originally Posted by lo2e
I have FF 3.6.10 on Mac OS 10.6.3. When I first posted, I had FF 3.6.3, but I've since upgraded to 3.6.10 and still not working. It does work in Safari, but not FF.
Ya'all seem to be addressing my problem, but from the other side of the wall.

I find the rollover previews on flyertalk (and other forums too) to be annoying in the extreme. They generally pop up just as I'm trying to read what's underneath them. I'm not talking about advertising pop-ups, I'm talking about the thread previews that give the content of the first post in a thread in what appears to be a yellow sticky-note. I find them a total nuisance and greatly distracting from my usage of the site.

But how can I make them go away? I'm sure some board programmer thinks they're way cool, but I don't.

Browser preferences don't seem to help.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.6 and Safari, Firefox, Camino, Opera, and Sea Monkey. This annoying behavior occurs in all of them.

I have no ad-blocking software installed. And don't really want to install any.

Suggestions? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.