Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Completely blocking a specific user?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Question Completely blocking a specific user?

Hello, everyone-

There's an user here who I feel harassed by. I have placed this person on the Ignore List, but I do not feel comfortable making posts on this forum because even though I have ignored him, s/he can see my posts and reply to them, and I wouldn't be able to see the posts. That'll just make it worse.

Is there a way I can completely block this person off - meaning they won't be able to see my posts or any activity made by me at all?

I hope I make sense.

Many thanks!

Andrew
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I don't think you can block him from seeing your posts, but if you feel harassed, report his posts to the moderators and ask them to do something. If appropriate, a time-out (suspension) might change his behavior.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Hi Andy1369.

Sorry about your difficulties here! FlyerTalk is meant to be an enjoyable learning and sharing experience and something of the nature you report is definitely not acceptable.

As BLI-Flyer mentions, pls report any stalking posts or Private Messages to a moderator in the forum(s) where they occur. The moderator will then look into the situation and take the appropriate action to make sure such behavior is halted.

The important thing is that you supply as much detail as possible to the moderators so that they can get a sense of exactly what the issues are.

Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Thanks! I have documented this with a moderator who is already aware of a post this person had made.

I appreciate the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.