Wiki Posts
Search

mobile site on kindle 3 issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
mobile site on kindle 3 issues

more of a kindle problem than an FT problem...

Kindle 3 has trouble with certain login pages, and I discovered that I can't log in to FT from the kindle 3 and I also can't access the tools link at the bottom of the mobile pages. (some gmail URLs also lead to login screens that don't work with the device, but others do. google 'kindle 3 gmail').

as for the interface, it would be nice if when browsing a thread more than one post could be displayed at a time (5 perhaps). loading new pages on kindle is slower than loading more of a single page.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:02 am

If I can get my hands on a Kindle 3, I'll take a look and see what we can do.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Now that some time has passed, I managed to find more discussion of this problem in a mobile read thread.

This issue is that the K3 browser doesn't accept XHTML or XML inputs.
So there it is. They managed to resolve the login problem on their mobile site but I can't tell if a similar fix for FT would enable the tools link at the bottom of mobile pages. Let me know if I can be helpful in any testing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.