Wiki Posts
Search

Sorting Threads (By date started)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Sorting Threads (By date started)

Hey guys,

I apologize if this post is in the wrong section, I've been a member for a while but generally don't post!

I was hoping someone could tell me how to sort threads within these forums by the date they were started. I know you can sort by last post, thread title, thread starter, etc. but haven't seen an option for when the thread was started.

It seems to me that's the most important means to sort by, since great deals, etc. tend to go quickly once posted.

Can anyone help me out with this one? Or is it simply not possible at the moment?

Thanks to all, and take care.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
slowspinrematch, it's about time you made a post on FT!!

We're going to switch this to Technical Issues where it is perhaps more apropos.

Don't wait another five years to post again.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Isn't there a sorting criterion, "Thread Start Date", under the search option field?

You can further request sorting results in either Descending or Ascending Order.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Cholula:

You're right, shame on me! I should be posting more! :-)

lin821:

I was talking about browsing forums and sub-forums. I know you can sort by thread start date when doing a search, but I want to do it when just browing a forum. The problem with doing a search is I would have no idea what I'm looking for - I just want to see what's hot today, and sorting by thread started without searching would be the best way to do that.

Slickdeals is a forum I would point to that has that feature, and I was just trying to see if I am missing something or if that feature does exist here on FT at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.