Wiki Posts
Search

Porblem with dash as last character of login

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator ★
Porblem with dash as last character of login

My username ends with a dash. Forum does not work correctly when I click on my name in profile. It sends me to profile of user 'JANOS'. Can it be that some people cannot send me messages? Can this be fixed somehow?

J.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
This "improved" FT indexing system has caused this very problem since April 2009.

On 4/21/2009, I raised this exact same question (re: profile mismatch. Please read post#133 and beyond) but I don't think IB ever works on nor addresses this issue. At least I've never heard anything from IB, both publicly and privately, w/r/t this annoying problem.

Not sure if it's a (technical) problem with no fix as far as FT goes.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by JanoS-
My username ends with a dash. Forum does not work correctly when I click on my name in profile. It sends me to profile of user 'JANOS'. Can it be that some people cannot send me messages? Can this be fixed somehow?

J.
Unfortunately, this is a known bug and the only "fix" is to change your FlyerTalk username. I've sent you a PM to initiate the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.