Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon layover 1:50 - too short?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They do shout out for flights that are about 45 to 60 minutes off, when in the passport queues, and they get to use the far right queue area to jump the main queue.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:21 pm

According to my friend, they didn't this morning.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by morninglemon
She estimates if you arrive non-EU any time after 7 a.m., expect a 2.5 hour wait. Pregnant women, wheelchair users and families with young children get bumped to the priority line.
I arrived around 10 AM last Saturday from the US and experienced about a 1 hour wait. So I don't think it is as simple as later arrival = longer wait.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by morninglemon
According to my friend, they didn't this morning.
There is a dedicated 'short connection' line along the right hand side, with a monitor showing eligible flights.
Graciecatt and 36902BRF like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
We arrived in LIS at 10 AM 4/9 and it took 2 hours and 45 min to get through the non-EU passport control line.

They only had four officers working, and when a 5th arrived, the packed arrivals hall erupted into clapping, whistles, and cheers.
36902BRF and mnhusker like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:55 am

Arrived at Lisbon terminal today at 9:20 from Amsterdam and cleared immigration for flight to US it under 18 mins even with lots of folks jumping the line (on their own not officially sanctioned when they call out flights). Disappointed I cannot use the lounge over on this side but first world problems and all that. This was for non-EU passport holder.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Apr 16, 2022 at 3:10 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It sounds like passport queues for Americans at LIS take just as long as for Europeans in the US.

Is the wait at LIS shorter for EU citizens arriving from non-Schengen?
estrela likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it's a lot shorter for EU citizens arriving since they have the benefit of the e-gates as well as a dedicated EU desk.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by ffay005
It sounds like passport queues for Americans at LIS take just as long as for Europeans in the US.

Is the wait at LIS shorter for EU citizens arriving from non-Schengen?
Yes. There were no queues at all in the electronic gates, and very short queues in the EU lines compared to the massive non-EU line.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We are definitely bracing ourselves for spending most of our 5 hour transit layover in the passport control line.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:47 am
pxm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
We are definitely bracing ourselves for spending most of our 5 hour transit layover in the passport control line.
Please do let us know how things go for you. I suspect, though, that if your flight arrives at around 5:45 a.m., the queues will not be too bad.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pxm
Please do let us know how things go for you. I suspect, though, that if your flight arrives at around 5:45 a.m., the queues will not be too bad.
We sure hope not but I've heard that lots of planes arrive around that time early morning. We're landing June 2 so there are still 6 weeks or so for LIS to get their act together lol
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:28 am

At the World Travel Council meeting yesterday in Manila, the VisitPortugal delegation said that e-gates will be re-enabled for citizens from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. UK is the biggy as far as numbers goes here. Special e-gates lanes are supposed to be set up in the next week at LIS, OPO, FNC and FAO. This should reduce the pressures at LIS for inbound passengers during the morning peak as the bank of flights arrive in. though frankly it would be Brazilian passport holders - who used to have e-gate acces - that would make a difference to the queues. Looks like it is being done on a reciprocal basis.
bruceba, Graciecatt and 36902BRF like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Plat
Hello, any updates on the E Gates. Thanks, May have to dust off my UK passport. Thanks
Old May 9, 2022, 7:37 am

The e-gates are now working for UK and a few other non EU nations, in both directions at LIS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.