Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Cancelled - Rebooked

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Flight Cancelled - Rebooked

Hi there - My flight has been cancelled and I called in a few months ago to change my flight (Free of charge due to schedule change and added a 5 day stopover).

However, as my trip is getting closer I cannot enter Portugal for 5 days (As a Canadian) and wanted to re change it so that I can just have a layover instead of a stopover.

YYZ-LIS-CMN and CMN-LIS-YYZ

Been on the phone for 2 hrs and keep getting transferred. Do you think this will be a free change due to the schedule change that happen a few months or will I have to pay changes?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I you already rebooked once following the cancellation, you will not be allowed to (invol) rebook again - unless there has been a cancellation or schedule change subsequent to the rebooking.

Anyway, even a voluntary rebooking should be possible without change fee, however, the fare will be recalculated, i.e. depend on the booking class available for your (new) flights. You may not like the add. fare to be paid in order to rebook but give it a try.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jun 28, 2021 at 12:03 am Reason: Rapid/antigen test is now accepted
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I you already rebooked once following the cancellation, you will not be allowed to (invol) rebook again - unless there has been a cancellation or schedule change subsequent to the rebooking.

Anyway, even a voluntary rebooking should be possible without change fee, however, the fare will be recalculated, i.e. depend on the booking class available for your (new) flights. You may not like the add. fare to be paid in order to rebook but give it a try.

Please notice that you need a PCR test to transfer at LIS. Rapid/quick test = antigen test will not suffice.
Unfortunately, for tickets issued before May 2021, TP is not waiving the change fees if the changes is made in shorter notice than 21 days before departure.
The OP might actually need to pay any change fee in addition to any applicable fare difference.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Forgot to update ! I called a few days later! I asked how much to change my whole ticket, it was free. I am always lucky with tap lol.
SK AAR likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Forgot to update ! I called a few days later! I asked how much to change my whole ticket, it was free. I am always lucky with tap lol.
May I ask what phone number you called and when you called? I'm having a hard time reaching TAP for trying to reschedule a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.