Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Miles & Go: Worst call center service in the world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus, Sixt Plat

Every time I need to book a ticket with Miles and Go I spend at least 20 minutes on hold to talk to an agent. Normally, the call gets disconnected at least 3 or 4 times before I am able to get through. Once I finally reach an agent, the call will get disconnected about 30% of the time, so I have to call again, stay on hold again, start the reservation process again, since a record locator had not been generated... The reservation process takes about an hour when it is a smooth call. In other words, it normally takes me between one and two days of intense calling, talking to several different agents, to get an award ticket. Oh, and the last time Tap could not issue a ticket on United for two days since there was a huge backlog of tickets to be issued and I was just out of luck -- no compensation whatsoever given, despite a very strong push by me through different channels.

Just wondering if my experience is representative or if my luck is terrible...
Sonny84 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:18 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Although TP's customer service isn't great, I've never had issues with the call centre (except for the wait time at times).
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
anyone know if there is a particular issue with the call centre today?
i cant seem to get through on either gold line or regular line... on hold for over 1 hour now several times throughout the day
Old Nov 25, 2020, 4:19 am

I'd like to offer an experience on the contrary.

I am UK based and had a J class BCN-LIS-GRU flight booked as it was a cheap fare with the intention of positioning to BCN from UK. Originally my flight was booked to depart BCN early in the morning connecting to the daylight LIS-GRU flight arriving in GRU that evening. TP subsequently cancelled my LIS-GRU flight and rebooked me on the overnight LIS-GRU flight the same day meaning I would now depart BCN for LIS at 14:00.

I decided I would actually prefer to leave a day earlier than scheduled to still arrive in Brazil the same day as originally planned. So phoned the call centre.

I had a very short wait to speak to an agent and not only was I offered a change of date I was also offered a change of departure/arrival airport anywhere within the same zone. I jumped at the chance and immediately changed my itinerary from BCN-LIS-GRU-LIS-BCN to LHR-LIS-GRU-LIS-MAN. The agent was incredibly polite and efficient and within an hour I had my new tickets emailed to me.

Saying that within three days of that phone call I received another email that my LHR-LIS flight had now been cancelled and I had been rebooked on an earlier departure

But as far as the call centre goes, I was impressed.
fridgy likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 108912
But as far as the call centre goes, I was impressed.
Ive always been happy with TAP call centre, when i eventually get through that is. Wait times have gotten crazy lately, but staff are efficient and polite when you do get someone
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
I called them today to reschedule my flight to LIS for the 3rd time due to the ongoing Civid issues, and as always I was on the phone for 15-20 minutes, and changed my flight with no issues .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.