Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sydunipete
Is there a lounge in Funchal? Is it open? I'm flying LH on TP metal business class with TK Gold. Thanks.
TAP has a lounge in Funchal but is temporarily closed due to COVID.
By the way, for the majority of Star Alliance carriers, the marketing carrier has no effect on lounge access. It's the operating carrier that matters which in this case is TAP Portugal.
Although, if you were flying on LH metal, as the TAP Lounge is also considered as a *G lounge, you would be admitted in with your TK*G card.
sydunipete likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The TP lounge in FNC was never great to begin with... you're not missing much

Better spend a bit of time doing some planespotting outside the airport.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Palal
The TP lounge in FNC was never great to begin with... you're not missing much

Better spend a bit of time doing some planespotting outside the airport.
Yes - the long balcony was a great spot to watching the flights and get some fresh air before going down to the gate level.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:44 pm

Read the TAP lounge at Lisbon is closed until FEB 1st. Anyone can confirm?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by fil_87
Read the TAP lounge at Lisbon is closed until FEB 1st. Anyone can confirm?
I was at LIS today and the lounge is effectively closed until February 1st. They even had the furniture covered with plastic film. Seems they are refurbishing some parts of the lounge.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Peter1012
I was at LIS today and the lounge is effectively closed until February 1st. They even had the furniture covered with plastic film. Seems they are refurbishing some parts of the lounge.
Thanks for confirming. You used the ANA lounge instead? How is the offer there?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by fil_87
Thanks for confirming. You used the ANA lounge instead? How is the offer there?
I would say it was fine. I was there in the morning. They offered pastries such as pastels de nata or croissants as well as sandwiches or drinks (including wine or cocktails), everything on demand. It was empty when I got there at 8 a.m. and maybe a quarter of its capacity around 10 a.m. when I left. Keeping in mind how badly is affecting the pandemic to Portugal and the hard lockdown they have, it’s almost a miracle they haven’t ordered lounges to close.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:32 am

TAP Lisbon lounge closed for renovation until Feb 1st - can confirm myself. ANA lounge was quite packed this morning and, I can confirm, food choice limited to sandwiches, pasteis de nata, croissant. Wide option of beers & drinks. For once, TAP surprised me today: when I checked-in online, I got a seat in the very back of the plane. At the airport, I asked my seat to be changed and they ‘upgraded me’ free of charge to an Economy Xtra seat in the very front (I hold Turkish Elite Plus status & had booked a TAP Discount fare).
romans likes this.

Last edited by fil_87; Jan 25, 2021 at 8:24 am
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The same sign was up on Saturday.

The ANA lounge food offering seems to have improved, albeit just slightly. Maybe it was always there, but things used to run out.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Both lounges are now closed

February the 7th
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:50 am

Important Information - TAP Premium Lounge
To better respond to the needs and suggestions of our passengers, we inform you that the TAP Premium Lounge will close for space improvement works between January 20 and March 15.

Maybe I'm way too optimistic. But one could read that the TAP Lounge in LIS opens on March 16th....

UPDATE: TAP just updated its website with a new end date. The lounge is supposedly closed until March 30th. Good luck with the space improvement works, TAP!

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Mar 15, 2021 at 2:31 pm
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:25 am

I start to think that the reason why ANA and TAP lounges are closed is purely economic as travel to and from Portugal is highly restricted.

They probably no longer have enough passengers to justify them being open at this time.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: FB Gold ; TAP Gold
As of April 1st:
- TAP lounge open with a good choice of food and drinks (coktails, hot meals ...)
- ANA lounge closed
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
As of April 27th the lounge in FNC is still closed
Old May 23, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Protocol7
As of April 27th the lounge in FNC is still closed
Has anyone been to FNC lately or know if it's opened in the past month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.