Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:12 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by euslaner
Sorry to trouble people, but which lounges in terminal 2 are open for passengers with elite status flying paid C on UA? Is the Turkish lounge near the gates or the ANA or TAP lounges open and near the gates? Thanks. Which would be the best (Turkish would likely be if available I would guess). Thanks.
There are no lounges in terminal 2, which is the low-cost terminal. In terminal 1, there are currently only two lounges: TP's and ANA's. You should be able to use TP's, which is the best of the two.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by euslaner
Sorry to trouble people, but which lounges in terminal 2 are open for passengers with elite status flying paid C on UA? Is the Turkish lounge near the gates or the ANA or TAP lounges open and near the gates? Thanks. Which would be the best (Turkish would likely be if available I would guess). Thanks.
UA (and all other non-LCCs) operate from Terminal 1. Terminal 1 has two areas: Schengen and non-Schengen. All the lounges are in the Schengen area. There is no TK lounge.
There are two lounges: ANA and TP. TP is the better of the two and you if you have *G you can get into the TP lounge. UA C should get you into both the TP and the ANA lounge.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
Ill be flying SID-LIS-IAD on TAP as a *G. I understand there is no lounge in the international terminal where Id have my 5 hour layover.

Will I be allowed to enter the Schengen area of the airport to use the lounge there, or is a Schengen boarding pass required? My passport doesnt require a Schengen visa.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
If you can enter Schengen (passport), you can use the lounge. You don't need a "shengen boarding pass" for that. You could be entering Schengen to go on a trip in LIS during your layover and then have a flight from the non-shengen area and that would be okay as well... Just say you want to go to the lounge and you should have no problem whatsoever.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:18 pm

duplicate

Last edited by sfvoyage; Oct 24, 2022 at 1:26 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:25 pm

I'll be flying SFO-LIS-FCO in J with a 3-hr layover at LIS. I understand the TP lounge has showers. How many are there, and is there usually a wait? (My layover is between 11:30 and 14:40.)
Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:46 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Email received from TP:

​​​​​​​TAP Premium Lounge at Lisbon Airport will be temporarily closed for improvements, with more spaces and a new Food & Beverage service experience, between the 3rd of November and the 17th of December 2022.

To minimize this inconvenience, TAP is pleased to offer you a voucher which can be used in several restaurants at the Lisbon Airport for drinks and snacks. This voucher will be available at check-in counters in the "Premium Area" or at the entrance of the lounge.

Thank you for your understanding and we wish you a very pleasant journey.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Any info if FNC lounge will ever reopen?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:08 am

I was at LIS yesterday and can confirm that the F&B voucher (for the closed TP Premier lounge) is only worth 10 euros. I used it for 6 little macarons to go at the Hdiard food kiosk.

I visited the ANA lounge (Priority Card), and it was crowded (08-09h) with limited selection of poor quality snacks.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:15 pm

Does the TP LIS lounge have showers open? I've seen mixed messages (including contrasting Google reviews from several similar times past year, where one person is angry bc the showers are closed and the next is thrilled with the lounge bc they could take a nice shower)
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped into the TAP Lounge on 12/29 in the morning.

I was pretty disappointed with the food. when I was there for breakfast in October, 2021 there was a buffet with bacon, eggs and egg custard pastries. This time there was just cold cuts, cheese, instant waffles and breads.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fyfan
Im flying (GOT-MUC-)LIS-BOS in February. Since there is only one TP lounge located in the Schengen area how long before my flight leaves should I exit the lounge and go through passport control?
When I flew to CMN last week it took about 5 minutes to walk to passport control then about 20 minutes in line at passport control and then 5 minutes to walk to my gate.
Fyfan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Originally Posted by RafKa
Any info if FNC lounge will ever reopen?
Any updates? I have a visit in May and as far as I know it is still closed.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:25 am

staralliance.com shows no lounge but when you go to https://www.airport-madeira.com/lounges.php and select FNC lounge it offers buy entry so hopefully it's already opened. I will see in early Feb
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
No lounge in FNC, but when I was there (late December) I was proactively offered a EUR 10 voucher for use at Cockpit bar only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.