Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by mustafina
Ah, OK, thanks. The *A lounge finder suggests that there are no lounges available in MUC if I filter by TAP gold status.
You're right - but there must be an error in that tool. I did the same search for IAD and EWR and it also says no lounges, but I've definitely used TK, LH, and UA lounges with my TAP Star Gold while flying economy.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Took a couple flights out of LIS within two days last weekend. I was able to visit the TAP Premium Lounge on Sunday 10/24

Food service was from a cafeteria style line. They had eggs and bacon, quiche, pastries. They also served all the beverages.

I also had a Monday 7:30 AM flight but annoyingly the TAP Lounge doesn't open until 7 AM so I went to the ANA Lounge using my Priority Pass

The lounge is even bigger than the TP Lounge with lots of different style seating

Soft drinks are self service though coffee and liquor are at a service counter

Food was limited to sandwiches, cold cuts, rolls and pastries but at least they were open.

Last edited by CMK10; Nov 26, 2021 at 2:36 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I also had a Monday 7:30 AM flight but annoyingly the TAP Lounge doesn't open until 7 AM so I went to the AZA Lounge using my Priority Pass
When you say AZA, do you mean ANA? Or is AZA yet another lounge?

Sorry, I'm not a local, and have to pick between TAP and ANA for Friday late morning. I'd like to get some warm food, and ANA lounges in Japan have been very nice - but your pictures tell me otherwise. Now I'm a little confused. :-)

​​​​​​​TNX!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by sokolov

Sorry, I'm not a local, and have to pick between TAP and ANA for Friday late morning. I'd like to get some warm food, and ANA lounges in Japan have been very nice - but your pictures tell me otherwise. Now I'm a little confused. :-)

TNX!
That post means ANA not AZA. However, note that this ANA is not related to the ANA in Japan. Totally different company with just the same acronym.

The two lounges are next to each other, so it's easy to visit both. The Tap Lounge is the one that has hot food options.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:24 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov

TNX!
It's ANA indeed, but not the Japanese airline. It means Aeroportos e Navegao Area and it's the name of the company that manages airports in Portugal.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by tff
It's ANA indeed, but not the Japanese airline. It means Aeroportos e Navegao Area and it's the name of the company that manages airports in Portugal.
OMG! How confusing. Thank you to both who cleared that up for me.

I googled the lounges at LIS and found a TAP and an ANA lounge. Made me wonder a little, but not enough to check if ANA actually flies to LIS. :-)
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sorry about that I did indeed mean ANA. I'll correct my post.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
What is the lounge in JFK for TAP business class passengers? Thank you
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:07 am
tff

Originally Posted by sodaisei
What is the lounge in JFK for TAP business class passengers? Thank you
Lufthansa's.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by tff
Lufthansa's.
Obrigado
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
TAP has a lounge in Funchal but is temporarily closed due to COVID.
By the way, for the majority of Star Alliance carriers, the marketing carrier has no effect on lounge access. It's the operating carrier that matters which in this case is TAP Portugal.
Although, if you were flying on LH metal, as the TAP Lounge is also considered as a *G lounge, you would be admitted in with your TK*G card.
Does anyone know if, or when, the lounge at FNC will re-open?

i ask as that is the Priority Pass lounge, and their website is saying it is still closed (I'll be travelling there in early Oct/22)

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by sydunipete
Yes - the long balcony was a great spot to watching the flights and get some fresh air before going down to the gate level.
when you say "was", does that mean it is no longer accessible??
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:03 pm
tff

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Does anyone know if, or when, the lounge at FNC will re-open?

i ask as that is the Priority Pass lounge, and their website is saying it is still closed (I'll be travelling there in early Oct/22)

Thanks
The spaces where the lounges were located have been emptied. My guess is they won't return any time soon.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tff
The spaces where the lounges were located have been emptied. My guess is they won't return any time soon.
thank you
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Sorry to trouble people, but which lounges in terminal 2 are open for passengers with elite status flying paid C on UA? Is the Turkish lounge near the gates or the ANA or TAP lounges open and near the gates? Thanks. Which would be the best (Turkish would likely be if available I would guess). Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.