Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Korean Travel Forum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
No, I was directed to an old thread to look at it and I decided to bump it. If nobody comes along, I probably won't bother taking it any further.

It amazes me, though, how previous TalkBoards though would have pages and pages in a thread such as this, but never vote on the topic.
Actually I caught the other thread after I posted my response above, and realized why you bumped.

Re: why TB didn't vote on this, my 'guess' is that they didn't feel a case had been made for a stand-alone forum. Just as there were FT supporters in this thread, there were other FTers who didn't support it.

PS - do a search in the private TB forum for 'Korea'.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Feb 16, 2012 at 7:20 am Reason: added the ps...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Actually I caught the other thread after I posted my response above, and realized why you bumped.

Re: why TB didn't vote on this, my 'guess' is that they didn't feel a case had been made for a stand-alone forum. Just as there were FT supporters in this thread, there were other FTers who didn't support it.

PS - do a search in the private TB forum for 'Korea'.

Cheers.
I could, but I really prefer the Spirit Air model. I think FTers deserve an up or down vote when there's a suggested new forum proposed. I don't think it benefits anyone by us having a private chat and essentially insulating ourselves (and our personal views and votes) from the membership.

I'm not saying I'll ramrod through a proposal here -- that is unless a few people sincerely come along and provide some figures or some interest themselves. I do acknowledge that things can change between then and now, for instance.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I could, but I really prefer the Spirit Air model. I think FTers deserve an up or down vote when there's a suggested new forum proposed. I don't think it benefits anyone by us having a private chat and essentially insulating ourselves (and our personal views and votes) from the membership.

I'm not saying I'll ramrod through a proposal here -- that is unless a few people sincerely come along and provide some figures or some interest themselves. I do acknowledge that things can change between then and now, for instance.
On-topic:

Well TB members posted in the public thread too.

If any FTers want to come along & made a new case for this, they're more than welcome to do so.

We've seen that happen w/ other forums, where support a case wasn't made the first time & then when it was raised again/time had moved on, a case was made and a forum approved.

Off-topic:

This should probably happen in a separate private or public thread rather than sidetrack this one, but I don't get the Spirit model. Spirit forum idea was raised in '08 & '09 in the public forum & got literally 2 & 5 responses. Are you saying that anytime anyone raises a forum as a suggestion it should automatically go to a motion/vote? If there's not much input on the public forum it's probably a pretty good indicator there's not going to be much support for it in general. Heck, we've had some folk just say I think this should be a forum, not do much support for it, and then don't come back (unlike the Spirit enthusiast this year in fairness).

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On-topic:

Well TB members posted in the public thread too.

If any FTers want to come along & made a new case for this, they're more than welcome to do so.

We've seen that happen w/ other forums, where support a case wasn't made the first time & then when it was raised again/time had moved on, a case was made and a forum approved.

Off-topic:

This should probably happen in a separate private or public thread rather than sidetrack this one, but I don't get the Spirit model. Spirit forum idea was raised in '08 & '09 in the public forum & got literally 2 & 5 responses. Are you saying that anytime anyone raises a forum as a suggestion it should automatically go to a motion/vote? If there's not much input on the public forum it's probably a pretty good indicator there's not going to be much support for it in general. Heck, we've had some folk just say I think this should be a forum, not do much support for it, and then don't come back (unlike the Spirit enthusiast this year in fairness).

Cheers.
I think having a vote forces us to do a little research and defend our position, is all. I think that's a great thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.