Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Time to close the Alitalia MilleMiglia forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

How long do you think AZ should continue having a forum all to itself on FT? I feel the time has come to close or merge the forum.

A look through the threads shows that not many people are interested in this airline any more. Apart from one thread which is active only because the same news just keeps being recycled again and again by the same posters there is hardly any other worthwhile activity in the forum nowadays.

Time to close the AZ forum and give the space to a more deserving airline and its travellers I have to say.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
The Alitalia Forum has had 204 threads which have been active in the last year. I think that makes it worth keeping open.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: HH Silver
Keep the forum open as long as there's an airline, which may not be all that long anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This seems rather premature, as the airline is still operating flights and its operations could be taken over in mid-January. There's really no rush IMHO.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 22, 2008 at 3:44 am
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
The Alitalia Forum has had 204 threads which have been active in the last year. I think that makes it worth keeping open.
Are you absolutely sure about AZ will be remains to stay opened for a long time. I don't really used the Alitalia forums very often. I think this is real opportunity to kept stay alive. I think this is obvious where members will able discussions this original thread for quite the time. It's should need to more understandably where Alitalia forums will be not to be close. its should be guaranteeing where they can reading the news article or more questionable from former routes out of MXP or FCO.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:22 am

Even if (when) AZ folds or is consumed by another company, wouldn't the forum be moved to the "Discontinued programs" category, where it could still be used, rather than closed? I'm sure there will be things to talk about as the airline circles the drain...
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by tcook052
Keep the forum open as long as there's an airline, which may not be all that long anyway.
And, when AZ finally does shut down, there will be a burst of threads with people figuring out what to do; at that point FT will be one of the best resourses for info on the problems.

Pieces of AZ will probably be picked up and merged into others, creating more issues for fliers, and more things we'll need to cover.

bottom line- the forum still serves a role.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.