Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Mileage Run Deals as a sub-forum of MR Discussion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold

As anyone that follows the MR forums knows, Mileage Run Deals is often overrun late in the year with posts requesting MR help.

Wondering if this problem would be reduced if Mileage Run Deals was a sub-forum of Mileage Run Discussion. The other benefit of this is that folks new to the idea of MRing could post their questions in the main forum and then look at deals in the subforum.

The downside is that deals could start being posted in the discussion forum... which would be pretty much the same issue in reverse.

Not sure if there's an easier way to do this... perhaps if RBP had a feature to vote on moving a thread to a specific forum and if enough FTers submitted it as such... maybe my mind is just wandering now

Thoughts?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
'Tis the season and it soon will pass. From my vantage point, noobs post in the incorrect forum whether MR Deals is a subforum of MR Discussion or vice versa as it was once upon a time. You can write sticky notes to top the forum display asking for cooperation in not posting in the wrong forum, but most noobs won't read it. Nope, sorry, I do not believe the situation would be greatly improved upon by reverting to a sub-forum alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.