Wiki Posts
Search

TalkBoard Voting Records - 2007 term to present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Abby
I think you are looking at the Talkboard 2008 votes. Go down to the bottom and click on the tab that says Talkboard 2007.

If you aren't familiar with Excel spreadsheets, it's a bit like a tabbed browser window, but the tabs are at the bottom.
Smarty Pants!!

(And thanks on behalf of us Excel-challenged folks.)
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
bd, thank you for taking the time (YOUR time) to put this together for us!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Abby
I think you are looking at the Talkboard 2008 votes. Go down to the bottom and click on the tab that says Talkboard 2007.

If you aren't familiar with Excel spreadsheets, it's a bit like a tabbed browser window, but the tabs are at the bottom.
I think you've hit the nail on the head about where oz is going wrong! I can see the vote he thinks is missing.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Just a note if you're playing around with the "scoring" feature over on the right hand side of the sheet - it's doing a straight-forward comparison between the "my vote" column and the TB members votes in columns E-M.

The practical upshot of this is as follows:
  • If you enter "y" in My Vote, then only "y" will score points.
  • If you enter "n" in My Vote, then only "n" will score points, even though "(d)id not vote" and "(a)bstain" votes effectively count as "no" votes under TB rules. If you want to lump them all together, you'll have to manually change the "d" and "a" votes to "n".
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Just for a little bit of pedantry, did not vote or abstain often count as no votes, but can count as yes votes too. It really depends on the numbers - if more than one member abstains or does not vote, the second abstention/does not vote actually tends to work as a yes vote....
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Just for a little bit of pedantry, did not vote or abstain often count as no votes, but can count as yes votes too. It really depends on the numbers - if more than one member abstains or does not vote, the second abstention/does not vote actually tends to work as a yes vote....
Good point. The logic to factor that into Excel would be a bit complicated though, so I'll leave it as an exercise to the individual to factor that into their decision-making process.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
Thanks for the very COMPLETE and informational tool!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice work!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Since TB's got a new member, I'll update the sheet to include berlinflyer once he's voted.

Also, since it's been out for a week or so now, any additional feedback from anyone? Questions/comments on the "scoreboard" section of the sheets?

(koko, haven't forgotten your request for links to the debate/discussion threads - just haven't had a chance to dive in)
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:36 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Since TB's got a new member, I'll update the sheet to include berlinflyer once he's voted.

Also, since it's been out for a week or so now, any additional feedback from anyone? Questions/comments on the "scoreboard" section of the sheets?

(koko, haven't forgotten your request for links to the debate/discussion threads - just haven't had a chance to dive in)
Don't feel rushed or even obligated!!! I realize that there are often multiple threads on a single issue/vote and they are spread far and wide.

It's an excellent resource just the way it is. ^
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Sorry, but at first glance this data appears very incomplete and is highly misleading IMHO.

It does not have all TB member votes from December 2006 as you state.

I see this motion from Jan 2007 where TB President gleff did not vote.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644046

This motion for instance does not show on your data, nor the TB member votes - one of which was mine, which is why I recall the motion - indeed I made it.

Glen
Maybe you should learn how to use a spreadsheet before you start bolding words to give them emphasis.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:21 am
Original Poster

A bump of the thread for the first public vote of the 2009 TalkBoard class. New file is available at the link in the OP of this thread.

(Votes for President / Vice President not included because they're secret)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.