TalkBoard Voting Records - 2007 term to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TalkBoard Voting Records - 2007 term to present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Post TalkBoard Voting Records - 2007 term to present

All,

As I noted in the recent TB Guidelines vote result thread, I've gone through the TownHall forum and compiled the vote results for the past two years (ie, all of the votes that the TB members up for re-election this year) have made.

The data can be found in an Excel sheet (should be compatible with Excel 97-2007) located here:

Talkboard Votes - 12/2006 - present (Jan 08 2009)

(the above will be periodically updated as new votes come in)

I'd encourage the current TB members to take a look through the sheet - I'm pretty sure I entered the data accurately, but I'd appreciate your quality control here.

A couple of bits I've added for my benefit (and hopefully all other FT members who want to cast an informed vote in upcoming elections) are as follows:
  • The ability to filter based on the general category of the motion (FT/TB governance, forum creation, forum maintenance, and FlyerTalk Cares), so you can quickly see how TB members vote on a certain category of issues.
  • A scoring system - want to see how well a given TB member's voting record agrees with your opinion? Columns S and T in the sheet are your friends. For a given motion, enter "y" or "n" (sans quotes) in column S. Then, assign a scaling factor of your choice in column T - I might decide that the first Virgin America vote should be more important than the subsequent ones, so I give it a higher scaling factor. Don't care about a particular vote? Leave both columns blank. Don't care about this feature at all? Ignore everything from column R on.

Hope this is useful to everyone. Mods, feel free to sticky this if you feel it would be of benefit.

--Ben / bdjohns1

Last edited by bdjohns1; Jan 8, 2009 at 8:18 am Reason: New file
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just superb work Ben. Thanks so very much for this. I am sure it will be most helpful for people in advance of the upcoming elections.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 2:52 am

Programs: AA GLD, HH, TSA Disparager Gold
Thank you very much - this is very helpful.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Thanks for the work ^ I can't spot any problems with anything you've recorded against me.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by Markie
Just superb work Ben. Thanks so very much for this. I am sure it will be most helpful for people in advance of the upcoming elections.
Originally Posted by gdeluca
Thank you very much - this is very helpful.
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Thanks for the work ^ I can't spot any problems with anything you've recorded against me.
Thanks, all. :-:
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very well done, thanks!^
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Appreciate the work compiling this!

It'll be a helpful reference tool going forward.

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:30 am

Very nice! Tidy, compact and easy to use. ^
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:33 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Wow, that's an amazing job! GREAT work!!!! ^^^

I was surprised to see what an agreeable guy I am: my recent vote against the TB guidelines was my first 'no' vote as a TB member!?!?!

And I hate to be an 'idea guy' but....would it be possible to provide a hyperlink in the issue column to the public debate about the issue in case any masochists want to drill a little deeper down into that particular issue to understand it better?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
All,

As I noted in the recent TB Guidelines vote result thread, I've gone through the Town Hall forum and compiled the vote results for the past two years (ie, all of the votes that the TB members up for re-election this year) have made.

The data can be found in an Excel sheet (should be compatible with Excel 97-2007) located here:

Talkboard Votes - 12/2006 - present (10/10/2008)

(the above will be periodically updated as new votes come in)
Sorry, but at first glance this data appears very incomplete and is highly misleading IMHO.

It does not have all TB member votes from December 2006 as you state.

I see this motion from Jan 2007 where TB President gleff did not vote.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644046

This motion for instance does not show on your data, nor the TB member votes - one of which was mine, which is why I recall the motion - indeed I made it.

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Sorry, but at first glance this data appears very incomplete and is highly misleading IMHO.

It does not have all TB member votes from December 2006 as you state.

I see this motion from Jan 2007 where TB President gleff did not vote.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644046

This motion for instance does not show on your data, nor the TB member votes - one of which was mine, which is why I recall the motion.

Glen
Glen,

Look closer before you break out the bold text and indignation. Open the file, go to the 2007 tab, and expand column C so you can see the full URL. Go down to row 26. There's your vote, and it does show gleff not voting

If there's any other votes I've missed, feel free to let me know, but to have the stones to call it "very incomplete and highly misleading" is a stretch when your example is there in plain sight.

The only thing not included are votes for TB president/vice-president, since those aren't really motions.

Last edited by bdjohns1; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:54 am
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Wow, that's an amazing job! GREAT work!!!! ^^^

I was surprised to see what an agreeable guy I am: my recent vote against the TB guidelines was my first 'no' vote as a TB member!?!?!

And I hate to be an 'idea guy' but....would it be possible to provide a hyperlink in the issue column to the public debate about the issue in case any masochists want to drill a little deeper down into that particular issue to understand it better?
I'll see what I can do - discussion threads are a lot less organized.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I dig the spreadsheet. Muchas gracias, bdjohns1! ^
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdjohns1

Glen,

Look closer before you break out the bold text and indignation. Open the file, go to the 2007 tab, and expand column C so you can see the full URL. Go down to row 26. There's your vote, and it does show gleff not voting
My line numbered 26 is Qatar Airlines vote. I see no menton on my page of the vote you refer to.

I see lines 1 thru 37.

Glen
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
My line numbered 26 is Qatar Airlines vote. I see no menton on my page of the vote you refer to.

I see lines 1 thru 37.
I think you are looking at the Talkboard 2008 votes. Go down to the bottom and click on the tab that says Talkboard 2007.

If you aren't familiar with Excel spreadsheets, it's a bit like a tabbed browser window, but the tabs are at the bottom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.