Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Complete - Motion Passed: Permit Test of Photos in 4 Forums

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
My concern is that these haven't been defined (and can they be numerically defined? Probably not). I think the success/failure will be the feedback we get from members, moderators, and our own personal thoughts.
Indeed, but at the very least it might be useful for the supports of this proposal to outline what they think would constitute success or failure. These can be qualitative type things (i.e. failure would be lots of people complaining about the slow load times, for instance).
Old May 19, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Indeed, but at the very least it might be useful for the supports of this proposal to outline what they think would constitute success or failure. These can be qualitative type things (i.e. failure would be lots of people complaining about the slow load times, for instance).
I agree - but that hasn't happened. I'm still on the fence on this, so I'm not one of the people to outline what a success or failure is...
Old May 19, 2008, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also don't care for the 1 picture per post rule. I do think having a size limit is a good idea -- it certainly worked out very well for the photo contests. Finally, Community Buzz is probably the only one of the three test forums that I'll visit -- I appreciate that the forums were volunteered by the moderators, but are they really "typical" forums for FT?
Old May 19, 2008, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
I also don't care for the 1 picture per post rule. I do think having a size limit is a good idea -- it certainly worked out very well for the photo contests. Finally, Community Buzz is probably the only one of the three test forums that I'll visit -- I appreciate that the forums were volunteered by the moderators, but are they really "typical" forums for FT?
Interesting.. what 3 forums would you have chosen as "typical"?
Old May 19, 2008, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Interesting.. what 3 forums would you have chosen as "typical"?
I don't know. I'm not saying they are not typical -- as I don't visit two of them, I really don't know. That's why I asked.
Old May 19, 2008, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
I don't know. I'm not saying they are not typical -- as I don't visit two of them, I really don't know. That's why I asked.
Gotcha.

See if I were doing it I would probably choose one airline forum, one of the general travel forums (like travelbuzz, milebuzz, diningbuzz) and then community buzz.
Old May 19, 2008, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Nobody has asked for pics in 3T's 'what are you wearing?' OMNI thread?

(I could see the benefit of the trial for Luxury Hotels, provided posters show restraint)
Old May 19, 2008, 8:07 pm

I favor allowing pictures but agree with others -- one per post is counterproductive.
Old May 19, 2008, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Nobody has asked for pics in 3T's 'what are you wearing?' OMNI thread?

(I could see the benefit of the trial for Luxury Hotels, provided posters show restraint)
Those who post in the Luxury Hotels Forum are a pretty restrained group. I trust them to post photographs. However, I believe, that one photograph is a bit too restrictive. I can envision one posting a photo of the lobby, room, dining area (or fitness center, room service menu) . So, three photographs would seem to be reasonable.
Old May 19, 2008, 10:39 pm
Suspended

why not trial in a high traffic forum like trip reports where there is a high probability there will be participation.
Old May 19, 2008, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by icarius
why not trial in a high traffic forum like trip reports where there is a high probability there will be participation.
Trip Reports already has this function.
Old May 19, 2008, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icarius
This is one of of my issues with the way this is currently worded. Personally, I think that the UA forum or the AA forum would be good higher usage volume forums as well. I also believe that the SPG forum would be a good option for this as well given its higher levels of traffic from a hotel perspective.
Old May 20, 2008, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Personally, I am trying to figure out what this test will prove that hasn't already been proven by the tremendous success of enabling photos in Trip Report and Travel Photography, neither of which appear to have suufered any ill effects. When I checked with the moderators of those fora a month or so back, they reported that they had experienced no significant problems as a result of the photo posting feature being enabled within their fora.

I most certainly do not believe that limiting the photos to one per posts is sensible, and, like my colleague Bhatnasx, would prefer to see the test, if we really need one, in more active fora like UA and/or AA, Starwood and/or Hilton. Community is, IMHO, an excellent forum for enabling photos.
Old May 20, 2008, 8:55 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Two friendly amendments have been incorporated into the original motion:

1) Starwood will be a fourth test forum

2) The 1 picture per post restriction has been dropped

The vote still closes at the time indicated in the first post.
Old May 20, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by Spiff
Two friendly amendments have been incorporated into the original motion:

1) Starwood will be a fourth test forum

2) The 1 picture per post restriction has been dropped

The vote still closes at the time indicated in the first post.
^ Consider me in favor now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.