Forum for airlines of greater China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum for airlines of greater China

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
You can leave Airlines of Taiwan inside the Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs... there's no need to make a forum for them yet (unless something major happens).
Old May 12, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
On balance, I would keep things the way they are rather than trying to create new groupings.

I would only create new forums for traffic-heavy individual airlines - just as SQ, CX etc already have their own forums.

Even if there is a change, I agree with coolfish1103 about not creating a separate "Taiwanese airlines" grouping. CI and BR compete with each other - so the logic in putting them together is illusory.
Old May 13, 2008, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Cathay has such cachet as a carrier, I'd hate for the its forum to be folded into another. It is one of the stars if not the star of the OneWorld alliance.
I'll considered it by CX will kept it this forums for a long time instead airlines of China. I think its absolutely great idea for create new airlines of China will be better than other Asia or South Pacific Forums. It's sound good to see more logical choice to create new forums with Chinese airlines. If they will be successfully will moved into new airlines of chinese. Its mostly importance where I can see exact create new forums instead of OAASP forums.
Old May 14, 2008, 7:06 am
Formerly known as aep
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been studying in BKK and my hotel doesn't have in-room access. So greetings from a relaxed fan-cooled hotel lobby!

My point in creating a "Greater China" forum is that with the expected cross-Taiwan Strait flights expected to start soon, CI, CA, HU, MU, BR, AE, GE, et al will be competing en masse. A large part of the traffic for ROC (Taiwan) carriers is TPE-HKG/MFM- Mainland China. Cross-strait flights will change that.
Old May 22, 2008, 3:25 am

Programs: CX DM, MU Gold, UA Premier, Starwood Plat, HH Gold
I support leaving CX/KA alone and create a new forum for PRC-based airline only.

Having been based in China now for 6 years, it is apparent to me that PRC-based airlines are worlds apart vs HK and Taiwan-based airlines, despite that the territories remain "inalienable part of China".

Service issues aside, dynamics for PRC-based airlines are different in the way that they are driven much more by domestic business vs HK and Taiwan airlines. Being an frequent China traveler, I long to have a forum where one could discuss PRC based FFPs and discuss fascinating topics, such as which airline alliance MU would eventually join...
Old May 23, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
I support a PRC only forum. I am CZ Silver and fly a lot of PRC airlines into a lot of PRC airports. Leave Taiwan and HK based airlines where they are..
Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:27 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I think we could be getting to the point where it would be worth having a separate EVA forum.

I think threads would be better differentiated if all EVA threads were kept in one place. Also easier for newcomers to find answers to common questions.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 2:22 am

bump!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:35 am

bump again... still cannot understand why there is an Airlines of India section but no Airlines of China section. Volumes in China are very large as well, and there should be somewhere to discuss.

There should be at least one for CA, CZ, MU and HU.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 3:05 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
I dare say it is the volume of posts that count, rather than the volume of air traffic and tickets sold?

Though, if FT had some way to allow chinese language posts, the situation would be different.

Originally Posted by shanghaiman
bump again... still cannot understand why there is an Airlines of India section but no Airlines of China section. Volumes in China are very large as well, and there should be somewhere to discuss.

There should be at least one for CA, CZ, MU and HU.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
This being FlyerTalk (primarily about earning and burning miles ), it is a factor of the number of people with something to get out of the airline (miles!) or wanting some great deal to use their miles.

Just as there would be close to ZERO interest in Turkish and Egyptian airlines on their own, there is enough interest on FT for them to get their OWN forum.

It just comes down to how easy and transferable the miles earn-burn opportunities are.
If your much-loved China airline has a connection with some kind of alliance, expect rapid progress toward getting what you want.

FFP of the year or economy / event of the year gets you nowhere here, if FTers have a more efficient or lucrative alternative on an alliance - so the sooner your airline is in an alliance, the more interest it will enamour here.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:50 pm

The last time I checked, Air China and Shanghai Air are part of Star Alliance, and China Southern is part of Skyteam.... Air India is not even part of Star Alliance yet...

I am not exactly hoping for an individual section for a particular Chinese Airline -- just something like "Airlines of India" to lump it all up to facilitate discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.