Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

What is replacing "Only Randy Petersen"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"Only Randy Petersen" seems to have become a non-responding anachronism these days. As a very long term FlyerTalker I find this to be an exceedingly sad state of affairs. We owe a -lot- to Randy, but it was a cooperative effort and he owes a lot to us as well. It wasn't his ball alone, but he seems to have taken that ball and gone home.

To date, Talkboard has remained mute on my request to allow members to have their posts expunged. I would like to know why this is. Randy seems to have removed himself from FlyerTalk. Internet Brands is aloof. The recently elected Talkboard (and I voted for you) is all that is left to take up the slack.

Is "Fitness on the Go" your legacy these days, or will you take up the issue of a few disgruntled FlyerTalkers who want to remove their support from a FlyerTalk Forum that has retroactively changed the rules for participation?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Ah c'mon, give him a break. It is the holidays.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:06 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
seriously... its been a whole *Week* since his last post.

You not getting the answer you want does not equate to him taking his ball and going home.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
i actually think its better to remove the forum as flyertalk has grown so big and many posters know it is not when but if randy will reply when emails and pvt are sent to him and because of the way flyertalk is run now, it discourages genuine usage. I had to get lawyers involved before a particular poster caved in to my request to back off.

Its better if Internet brands station someone here who respond to users effectively rather than depend on personal connections.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:35 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I'm not fully in sync with what the thread's goal is. There clearly is concern about lack of responsiveness from Randy Petersen et al, on subjects previously brought up (via other thread or possibly PM).

My suggestion for housekeeping purposes is to bump previous threads on the open issues, or PM inquiry targets directly. Shotgunning multiple old subjects in a new thread is not keeping with community practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.