Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Clarification request - where do UL posts go?

Clarification request - where do UL posts go?

 

Old Aug 7, 07, 9:17 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 9,516
Clarification request - where do UL posts go?

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

This is more of a general request for clarification than a suggestion: Where should posts pertaining to Sri Lankan Airlines be posted? Skywards is a joint program betweek EK and UL but the forum is named Emirates Airlines Skywards. Do they then go in "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs?"

Thanks!
sadiqhassan is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 9:37 am
  #2  
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Asia
Programs: Yes!
Posts: 15,386
Does seem a relevant question!

Using the logic that was recently applied to the (former) Lufthansa Miles & More forum, where it was changed to Miles & More (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian & other partners) perhaps something similar could/should be done here...


i.e. rename it to something like: Skywards (Emirates, Sri Lankan and other partners)
AJLondon is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 10:08 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: TX, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Posts: 9,504
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Does seem a relevant question!

Using the logic that was recently applied to the (former) Lufthansa Miles & More forum, where it was changed to Miles & More (Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian & other partners) perhaps something similar could/should be done here...


i.e. rename it to something like: Skywards (Emirates, Sri Lankan and other partners)
Actually raises an interesting question which is certainly worthy of discussion around the purposes of FT and how that affects TB. To wit:

Is the primary purpose of FT to discuss programs generating miles and points or the use of travel providers which provide miles and points, which would encompass the miles & points dicussion?
empedocles is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 10:16 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: back to my roots in Scotland!
Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Posts: 47,846
In the short term, my answer would be that questions about the programme go to EK, questions about the airline and the service etc go into Other Asian (etc).
Jenbel is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 12:09 pm
  #5  
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Asia
Programs: Yes!
Posts: 15,386
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
In the short term, my answer would be that questions about the programme go to EK, questions about the airline and the service etc go into Other Asian (etc).
<Devil's advocate cape on>

Then where should a hypothetical question like below go:

Are the onboard service & seats worth the 40k skywards miles to upgrade CMB-XXX from economy to business class on this day flight, or can I get better value from those miles?

<Devil's advocate cape off>
AJLondon is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 4:37 pm
  #6  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,396
I haven't checked/counted, but my impression is that currently most discussion is on the other asian forum. It would seem sensible to clarify if EK forum is a better place for it (as it may well be).

Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
<Devil's advocate cape on>

Then where should a hypothetical question like below go:

Are the onboard service & seats worth the 40k skywards miles to upgrade CMB-XXX from economy to business class on this day flight, or can I get better value from those miles?

<Devil's advocate cape off>
Do you have the devil's advocate undies on outside your devil's advocate suite?

I'd put that question in EK Skywards forum because you are asking what is the best use of skywards miles.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 7, 07, 5:06 pm
  #7  
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Asia
Programs: Yes!
Posts: 15,386
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
Do you have the devil's advocate undies on outside your devil's advocate suite?
Commando.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
I'd put that question in EK Skywards forum because you are asking what is the best use of skywards miles.
And yet also asking about the service/seats onboard...
AJLondon is offline  
Old Aug 16, 07, 10:08 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: check foursquare
Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia & MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt, AA, VX
Posts: 14,094
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Commando.
I thought the devil wore Prada...
itsaboutthejourney is offline  
Old Aug 16, 07, 10:18 pm
  #9  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinum
Posts: 62,749
Well heck, I can't answer the question, but after reading the above I feel obligated to put The Devil Wears Prada in the dvd player! I don't think I have any Commando movies to insert

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread