Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion: Proposal For a 9W (Jet Airways (India)) Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Because I think that there may be more to be gained from an "Indian airline's forum" -- one that should explicitly mention Jet Airways -- than a fragmentation of information about various Indian-based airlines into different forums, one for Jet Airways whle the rest of the information about Indian-based airlines gets spread thinner across FT.
I think this is an excellent idea - especially as more & more Indian carriers are partnering with other global carriers. Jet participates with the aforementioned carriers, and IIRC, Air India is en route to the *A, and Kingfisher (an excellent carrier in India), has agreements with NW. I'd be more supportive of this idea than a standalone Jet forum.

Though in the defense of Jet, I did have troubles searching for pre-existing threads because the term "Jet" was too small of a word.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I'm not opposed to a Jet Airways program forum but I'm neither a strong advocate of it's coming into being. Why? Because I think that there may be more to be gained from an "Indian airline's forum" -- one that should explicitly mention Jet Airways -- than a fragmentation of information about various Indian-based airlines into different forums, one for Jet Airways whle the rest of the information about Indian-based airlines gets spread thinner across FT.
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I think this is an excellent idea - especially as more & more Indian carriers are partnering with other global carriers. Jet participates with the aforementioned carriers, and IIRC, Air India is en route to the *A, and Kingfisher (an excellent carrier in India), has agreements with NW. I'd be more supportive of this idea than a standalone Jet forum.

Though in the defense of Jet, I did have troubles searching for pre-existing threads because the term "Jet" was too small of a word.
I'm also very much in support of a Indian airlines forum...I don't fly enough on Jet because I usually take whatever's more convenient in India - Jet, KingFisher, Spicejet, etc. With all the new Indian carriers coming up, it would be very helpful to have them all in one forum.

I've also had problems with searching for "Jet" because of the limitations of the search function.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Can I suggest a compromise initially?

Master threads for 9W (and possibly for IT and AI <- AI & IC) in the Other Asian [etc] forum.

That'll aggregate all the 9W traffic into one place, ditto for assorted posts about how nice IT is, how hot the inflight crew are etc, and for all the gripes about AI.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

Because I think that there may be more to be gained from an "Indian airline's forum" -- one that should explicitly mention Jet Airways -- than a fragmentation of information about various Indian-based airlines into different forums, one for Jet Airways whle the rest of the information about Indian-based airlines gets spread thinner across FT.
A few days ago, I raised a somewhat different version of that idea in the private TB discussion.

As I am always partial towards national flag carriers, I said we might want to establish a forum for Air India and allow other Indian carriers to be discussed there (just as Arkia and Israir can be discussed in the El Al Forum).

I do not, however, want to build up any false hopes. I think it may prove difficult to get TB support for this proposal -- although easier than getting one for Jet Airways alone (which I would personally oppose).
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dovster
A few days ago, I raised a somewhat different version of that idea in the private TB discussion.

As I am always partial towards national flag carriers, I said we might want to establish a forum for Air India and allow other Indian carriers to be discussed there (just as Arkia and Israir can be discussed in the El Al Forum).

I do not, however, want to build up any false hopes. I think it may prove difficult to get TB support for this proposal -- although easier than getting one for Jet Airways alone (which I would personally oppose).
An Air India forum that also is designated as a forum for discussion about other Indian airlines is not my cup of tea in the way an "Indian airlines forum" would be that would also be designated to discuss Air India.

Many FTers here who fly to/from India or with Indian carriers do so on a number of Indian airlines as well but use Air India as little as they can ... or even outright avoid Air India.

Vis-a-vis the crowd FT has now and will have in the near future, AI should be considered a less popular creature than 9W and IT.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Many FTers here who fly to/from India or with Indian carriers do so on a number of Indian airlines as well but use Air India as little as they can ... or even outright avoid Air India.

Vis-a-vis the crowd FT has now and will have in the near future, AI should be considered a less popular creature than 9W and IT.
Quite correct!

Edited to add: Unless one wants to depart/arrive 6 hours to 1 day late, on occasion!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I don't see a copious need demonstrated for an AI forum either.

I flew Jet Airways 3x last month. They were fine, but I want to see a demonstrated need before being willing to recommend a forum for them.

Demonstrating a need for an Indian airlines forum might be easier.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Spiff
I don't see a copious need demonstrated for an AI forum either.

I flew Jet Airways 3x last month. They were fine, but I want to see a demonstrated need before being willing to recommend a forum for them.

Demonstrating a need for an Indian airlines forum might be easier.
It would also keep posts more organized....

Edited to add: Even if you flew 9w as a passenger, the benefits of being a JP member would not be available to you - and maybe the shortfalls. If one were resident/working substantially in India, then one can actually use such a resource.

However, if it is not made known to others, then it remains to be a unknown entity - at least where the posts are now - and nobody can dig them up!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 2:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The difficulty in searching for "Jet" or "9W" and the frustration that comes for searching for "Airways" is a particular issue with Jet Airways. Even when searching for merely my own posts about Jet Airways (9W) flights, it's not the most gracefully straightforward search on the planet.

I guess this is sort of a reason I voice support for an "Indian airlines forum" or even fancy the idea of a master thread in the Other Asian Airlines forum (or whatever it's named) before I voice support for a Jet Airways forum.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I like the idea of an Indian Airlines forum. I haven't flown to India so wouldn't really know the #/names of carriers there, but if a trip was coming up it would be quite easy for me to do searches/post ?s in a single forum such as Indian Airlines forum. OVMV.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I vote for "Airlines of India" forum

"Airlines of India" would be a better name for the forum rather than "Indian Airlines Forum". Lets not bring the soon to be "erstwhile Indian Airlines" back to life.

Venkat
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:27 am

My vote is in for 9W!

My vote is for a JET AIRWAYS forum.... I truly believe 9W will have a noticable impact on the US - INDIA segments especially in the premium category.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by venkat
"Airlines of India" would be a better name for the forum rather than "Indian Airlines Forum". Lets not bring the soon to be "erstwhile Indian Airlines" back to life.

Venkat
I second that.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:22 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I too think a combined "Airlines of India" forum is an excellent idea. ^
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
One More for Airlines of India

Add one more vote for the Airlines of India Forum--I use Kingfisher, Jet, Sahara. When going to an out of the way place, I have even flown Alliance Air. I think there is great merit in the forum--now that Kingfisher is tied up with NW, I will fly them even more.

Another vote for Jet to join * Alliance too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.