Wiki Posts
Search

Can we add CSA OK+ to the FFP fora?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
The idea would be that all FFPs relating to one alliance would be under one heading. So you would have an OW grouping, with separate fora for AA, BA, JAL, etc... and "Other OW FFPs" (plus the generic systemic OW forum).
Then a grouping for ST with the same structure (a forum for DL, one for AF, etc...) then one for *A.
Finally you would have a grouping for non-aligned. In that grouping, you would first have the separate fora for each non-aligned carrier warranting their own forum (Airtran, Alaska, ..., El Al, Emirates, ..., Virgin, Virgin America, etc...), then, after that and still within the non-aligned grouping, separate regional-based fora for smaller airlines (Other European FFPs, Other Asian FFPs, etc...).
I would definitely support that idea. Prospero sent me a link to a message board that's organised in that way, and it makes a lot of sense to me.
Could either of you articulate the whole thing into a proposal with a brand new thread of its own?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I have to give my independent perspective here:

To throw all airlines (including the big 4 AA, UA, LH & DL) into a big "alliance pot" would create a substantial chaos and will never happen.

Subforums ala "Other XX Alliance Programms" dont sound too bad... but then, what about the programms that are not in one of the alliances ? They would still vanish somewhere in between until there is a request to open a seperate forum for probably 4 individual posters.

I would give each reasonable proposal a chance but a seperate forum for an airline/programm that would generate traffic from a handful of posters and maybe the occasional lurker does sound way too far off... and I am already pretty liberal in these regards

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
To throw all airlines (including the big 4 AA, UA, LH & DL) into a big "alliance pot" would create a substantial chaos and will never happen.
I think that you misunderstand what the proposal would be. The proposal is definitely NOT to merge the individual forums of big FFPs into a single one. Rather, it is to break the "Airline programs" section into four different ones (one for each big alliance and one for non-aligned) and keep each big FFP into its own individual forum within each section and then a common forum for the smaller programs within an alliance which are too small to warrant their own individual forum.
It is most definitely not a single alliance forum+sub-fora proposal, which would be a recipe for disaster.

Originally Posted by graraps
Could either of you articulate the whole thing into a proposal with a brand new thread of its own?
Will try and do sometime today.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think that you misunderstand what the proposal would be. The proposal is definitely NOT to merge the individual forums of big FFPs into a single one. Rather, it is to break the "Airline programs" section into four different ones (one for each big alliance and one for non-aligned) and keep each big FFP into its own individual forum within each section and then a common forum for the smaller programs within an alliance which are too small to warrant their own individual forum.
I understood it this way but still have have a bitter taste in my mouth...

But by all means, we are here for you and will discuss any valuable query
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The hierarchy I was suggesting might work along the lines as that already demonstrated on the travelingbetter IBB. Unlike FT, it was created after the formation of global airline alliances and I believe there are significant merits to the clarity demonstrated by its forum structure.

I still believe the maintenance factor needs to be considered and at the moment I don't have an answer to this (yet)

Apologies again to graraps for hijacking his original request
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I understood it this way but still have have a bitter taste in my mouth...

But by all means, we are here for you and will discuss any valuable query
Then, I am puzzled by your comment about all airlines being thrown into a big alliance pot. At present, all airlines are thrown together in the same single pot ("airline programs"). The proposal is to have four smaller pots. But, anyway, I'l put the proposal together and put it in another thread, so that we can discuss it there.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then, I am puzzled by your comment about all airlines being thrown into a big alliance pot. At present, all airlines are thrown together in the same single pot ("airline programs"). The proposal is to have four smaller pots. But, anyway, I'l put the proposal together and put it in another thread, so that we can discuss it there.
Thanks ^

Maybe I'm suffering form jetlag and see the point better over there
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Spiff
I don't see much of CSA in the DL forum.

Could you please cite some examples of CSA questions being "misposted" in other Skyteam fora or in the Miscellaneous forum?
No, I think it will be split up from DL forums but, it will not to be in Skyteam thread, too. I think its should be considers to create new forums. I can see brand new Czech Airlines. I realize that I will be exist to have agreed of CSA Czech Airlines to have approval. I'll guarantee where proposal to become new airlines forums not included of Skyteam forums. I think they will be trust for Spiff that he will able approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.