Wiki Posts
Search

How do I become a moderator?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2003, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G
How do I become a moderator?

This might seem stupid and misplaced, but how do I become a moderator?
-JBLU.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 7:26 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
so far, all that I know, have offered to become moderators to Randy (here on this board or by personal email), when Randy published some time ago, that applications for that 'job' were welcome.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JBLUA320:
how do I become a moderator?</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/townhall/talkmoderator.shtml
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I hope you have better luck than I do. I've offered multiple times and applied multiple times. Apart from the "thanks for the application, we'll get back to you soon" e-mail, I've never heard a real reply, even if it said, "sorry, no thanks".

FewMiles..
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
No offense, but I think you would need more of a track record before you would be seriously considered. OTOH, I may be completely off base and it certainly couldn't hurt to apply.

------------------
Vasant
Old Sep 14, 2003, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FewMiles:
I hope you have better luck than I do. I've offered multiple times and applied multiple times. Apart from the "thanks for the application, we'll get back to you soon" e-mail, I've never heard a real reply, even if it said, "sorry, no thanks".

FewMiles..
</font>
I too applied and got the "thanks" email, I was told I might be considered in the next round "pretty soon" but that was half a year ago
Old Sep 14, 2003, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
wouldn't it be interesting if forums decided if and when they needed a moderator and then held and election for that position each year. I think that moderation on FT would change to a more forum friendly style. Of course if a forum voted for moderation and no one wanted to run for the job(s) then a mechinism for appointment should be available.

------------------
dallasflyer
Old Sep 14, 2003, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh...no more elections. Please.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I vow and declare I will NEVER again post in the Continental airlines Forum if I am appointed to the Ansett forum.

I have typed a notarised stat. dec. to this effect.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Sep 14, 2003, 8:38 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Oh...no more elections. Please.</font>
Old Sep 14, 2003, 9:20 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Having once applied for a moderation position myself, I have found that those of us with a well documented past of sanguine opinions, a good dose of trouble making, controversial humor, and many other 'fun' items on our record are almost always send the thanks but no thanks or alternatively thanks but maybe next time email.

I guess we cant have out cake and eat it...
Old Sep 14, 2003, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:

I have found that those of us with a well documented past of sanguine opinions, a good dose of trouble making, controversial humor, and many other 'fun' items on our record are almost always send the thanks but no thanks or alternatively thanks but maybe next time email.

</font>
Well that I can fully understand. But how come I got the same email?

Old Sep 14, 2003, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Having once applied for a moderation position myself, I have found that those of us with a well documented past of sanguine opinions, a good dose of trouble making, controversial humor, and many other 'fun' items on our record are almost always send the thanks but no thanks or alternatively thanks but maybe next time email.

I guess we cant have out cake and eat it...
</font>

Hey... I somehow managed to sneak past.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
</font>
Hmmm . . . I got the same e-mail ("thanks, but not right now") without having to engage in any trouble-making.

Old Sep 15, 2003, 6:56 pm

Trouble making is in the eyes of the ______ (fill in the blank as you wish)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.