Search

2012 Talkboard elections

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Usually the numbers are posted.

I think '09 might have been an exception, but not due to Randy wanting to keep things 'secret', but probably just Randy being Randy (ie, he got a lot of PMs, emails, etc, was probably on his "to-do" list & didn't get around to it).

No black helicopters - really.

Cheers.
Im glad to see that openess. On previous results published, it seems only the top voted had numbers published.

With the expressed interest upfront, I hope all numbers can be published^
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by travelkid
Im glad to see that openess. On previous results published, it seems only the top voted had numbers published.

With the expressed interest upfront, I hope all numbers can be published^

I just took a quick glance at my TB e-mail file and see that the final finish of all candidates has been published several times in the past. Here are a couple of examples:

2007 election

1. gleff - 507 (returning member)
2. Cholula - 441(returning member)
3. lucky9876coins - 341
4. Punki - 241
5. kokonutz - 229 **

Should there be any need to fulfill any members term, the following candidates were next in order of finish:
berlinflyer - 216
nsx - 210
ClueByFour - 202
Radioman - 179
kanebear - 138
FewMiles - 134
skofarrell - 128
GoldFlyer - 117
RichMSN - 115
UALOneKPlus - 103
Weatherboy - 82
GenevaFlyer - 74
NOLAnwGOLD - 48
Pizzaman - 48
satori - 40
Elizabethh - 30
the_traveler - 26
LadyPhoenix - 17
TooMuchTravel73 - 16
rexb - 5

And here's another from 2010 with the numbers for just the top ten finishers listed....a practice I agree with BTW:

Here's a list of how the top ten candidates finished (in order/ballot total):
Spiff - 878
Cholula - 748
SkiAdcock - 748
bhatnasx - 604
UA_Flyer - 522
nsx - 406
Pat89339 - 332
hfly 273
tcook052 - 260
karung99 - 191

Here are the additional candidates in order of finish:
419er
Art234
skchin
CaliforniaInvestor
gdeluca
ACC2008
NikDemus
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
And with no disrespect meant or intended, that is a lousy voter turnout-which brings me back to something I've always said about elections......

If you don't vote, you have no right to b!thc moan and groan about the results and what those who got elected do or don't do.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Cholula
And here's another from 2010 with the numbers for just the top ten finishers listed....a practice I agree with BTW
As a candidate last year I recall myself and a few others seeking from RP several times the complete vote results before it was eventually given in the form you quoted. I would like to see this top 10 if not a full vote tally for each candidate given shortly after the election as a matter of course without it having to be solicited multiple times. Just MHO.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
As a candidate last year I recall myself and a few others seeking from RP several times the complete vote results before it was eventually given in the form you quoted. I would like to see this top 10 if not a full vote tally for each candidate given shortly after the election as a matter of course without it having to be solicited multiple times. Just MHO.

I agree.

I suspect Randy was a bit "distracted" after last years TB election due to his upcoming and imminent departure from FT.

But I agree with listing only the Top Ten finishers vote totals because, beyond that, there's nothing to be gained other to potentially embarrass the lower finisher's votes.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:53 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I suspect Randy was a bit "distracted" after last years TB election due to his upcoming and imminent departure from FT.

But I agree with listing only the Top Ten finishers vote totals because, beyond that, there's nothing to be gained other to potentially embarrass the lower finisher's votes.
I agree and I agree. Randy was completely committed to FlyerTalk to the final day of his time here. He worked very hard to clear up many issues so that my path would be as smooth as possible as I took over the role. Putting up the vote tallies might have slid a bit due to his efforts elsewhere on the board.

I anticipate having the votes up for the top candidates within the day of the election concluding and seating the new members at that time. We give an overlap of a week to the incoming and outgoing members to allow for orientation of the new members.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I just took a quick glance at my TB e-mail file and see that the final finish of all candidates has been published several times in the past. Here are a couple of examples:
You forgot B747-437B, Dovster, Lucky987coins and others, too. Those people who already Talkboard member a couple year ago.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
You forgot B747-437B, Dovster, Lucky987coins and others, too. Those people who already Talkboard member a couple year ago.

I just posted the results from two random elections. Evidently those members you mention weren't running those years.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I just posted the results from two random elections. Evidently those members you mention weren't running those years.
Not true! I was running those years.

(Mainly, I was running from jealous husbands.)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Right. I certainly hope so. If I wins the Election. I will be very successful for my works with you.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I agree.

If you get embarassed by few votes you should probably not run. I think quick posting of the full list is the only acceptable solution. Thats also the only way we could report potential errors. As a minimum it should be availabe upon request by PM.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: Too many
I think posting just the Top 10 fine.

I have noticed that quite a few people that have nominated haven't participated at all in the Q & A's, yet many others have regularly. I would actually think its fair that people know who responded to each question that was asked, rather than those members with high post counts yet had nothing to contribute.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jinxy
I think posting just the Top 10 fine.

I have noticed that quite a few people that have nominated haven't participated at all in the Q & A's, yet many others have regularly. I would actually think its fair that people know who responded to each question that was asked, rather than those members with high post counts yet had nothing to contribute.
Shouldn't the people that are going to vote in the election complete their due diligence when choosing a candidate to vote for? The voters can look through the thread and see which candidate best represents their ideas. And those that don't participate are then not chosen because they have not posted in the threads. Just an idea. Although I kinda like yours better because that is a lot of reading in the debate threads. I guess I am playing the part of devil's advocate.

Delta747
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:19 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I have always held a personal rule that I will not vote for anyone who has not fully participated in the TB Debate Forum. If someone cannot take the time to share their opinion when trying to get elected, I have no confidence that behavior will change once elected.

In addition, I do not vote for any current TB members who do not regularly participate in the TB Forum.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:21 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by wharvey
I have always held a personal rule that I will not vote for anyone who has not fully participated in the TB Debate Forum. If someone cannot take the time to share their opinion when trying to get elected, I have no confidence that behavior will change once elected.

In addition, I do not vote for any current TB members who do not regularly participate in the TB Forum.
My personal rule is the same. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.