Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Failed to Pass: Restore Post Count Credit for Omni

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:40 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Sorry if this isn't directly related to the proposal, but I'd like to suggest that the display of member's post counts only be removed from the member info block in each post, but they REMAIN in the members public profile - so if someone takes the time to click on the member's profile the statistics such as post count, threads started, etc. remain. @:-)

The removal would only the display of the count info on the main pages - not the collection and ability to see post counts if you want in the member's profile.
^^^^ Best idea that I've heard all year.^^^^^
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichMSN
What does the vote result have to do with anything?

I don't care one iota what is in each individual post. I have no axe to grind against posters in contest threads or people who post in OMNI and OMNI/PR or even in game threads. I've already said I have every intention to vote to count everything if that proposal is made. I would also vote to retroactively count every post that was excluded from these forums between the day Randy randomly decided to stop counting them and now.

The proposal that's actually made may be a bit less than this, though, and I'll have to decide how I vote once we figure out the proposal that's put forward. If the proposal excludes OMNI/PR, I may not vote for it.
Because we know YOU don't care, you've made this abundantly clear. I was in a discussion with Mary2e and you jumped into remind us again how you don't care. I merely brought up the voting thing because I'm clearly bitter I'm First Loser.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Because we know YOU don't care, you've made this abundantly clear. I was in a discussion with Mary2e and you jumped into remind us again how you don't care. I merely brought up the voting thing because I'm clearly bitter I'm First Loser.
Stick around. Many first runners-up end up on the TalkBoard.

I was participating in a thread. For it to be a discussion with one person, it would have to be done via PM. I just want to know why people care how others get a +1 added to their post counts.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hang in there. It's only a matter of time before I am suspended or banned for trying too hard and caring too much! Then you're in like Erol Flynn! @:-)
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Hang in there. It's only a matter of time before I am suspended or banned for trying too hard and caring too much! Then you're in like Erol Flynn! @:-)
Note to he who is soon to be suspended or banned.......Errol Flynn is not like Boston-he has not only one "r" but two in his first name <ducking>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.