Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: Create Iberia Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Owned by BA would be more accurate - I think it's administered as a separate programme under it's own trademark (AirMiles), but the company is a limited company owned by BA.

A very brief and easy google brings you to this, which should tell you all you ever wanted to know:
http://www.airmiles.co.uk/tertiary/aboutus.do
Sounds like that should be merged with the Executive Club!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Yes of course, why wasn't there one before.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Sounds a bit flippant when you put it like that but it is very true. Spanish speaking IB passengers are too busy squeezing live chickens and televisions in the overhead bins to come to FT and talk about which seat has the nicest arm rests
Not flippant at all. I speak every week with lurkers in the OE forum who aren't comfortable with their English level on an exclusively English-speaking forum. There are a large number of people in Spain who visit but don't post, and it's likely safe to assume that this is a similar case with visitors to the various forums that encompass the Latin American carriers.

Of course these people already have their own quite robust forum - in Spanish - that deals with aircraft, seats, routes, FFPs, and airports. So really this proposal amounts to giving FTers (who never met an airline they didn't think needed its own forum) another place to gripe about customer service that isn't exactly the same as it is back home and make thinly-veiled comments about the third world. FT - both the site and the community - has nothing to gain from that IMO.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:42 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by alanw
Not flippant at all. I speak every week with lurkers in the OE forum who aren't comfortable with their English level on an exclusively English-speaking forum. There are a large number of people in Spain who visit but don't post, and it's likely safe to assume that this is a similar case with visitors to the various forums that encompass the Latin American carriers.

Of course these people already have their own quite robust forum - in Spanish - that deals with aircraft, seats, routes, FFPs, and airports. So really this proposal amounts to giving FTers (who never met an airline they didn't think needed its own forum) another place to gripe about customer service that isn't exactly the same as it is back home and make thinly-veiled comments about the third world. FT - both the site and the community - has nothing to gain from that IMO.
Sorry I think you misinterpreted my comment, I meant "sounds" a bit flippant but you are 100% correct. That most FF's are Spanish speakers that wouldn't come to FT.

As for the idea that anything non-US or similar is third world is a bit off the mark. IB customer service is absolutely contemptible in any language, it is not a question of not being what "it is back home." More a question of "Hey we paid a comarable fare, answer the maldito teléfono damn you"

I say bring on the IB forum, and let's see how it floats with the people.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:46 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Motion passed

Motion Passed: Create Iberia Forum

On 5 July 2011, the TalkBoard passed 9-0:

Moved by Markie and seconded by jackal:
That the TalkBoard recommends to the Community Director the creation of a forum titled 'Iberia Airlines Iberia Plus'
Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer

The new forum is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...eria-plus-683/
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Perfect!! I'm glad to hear it. Looking forward to it. I will be around on newest IB forum. Can we move some thread out of OEFFP forum? That way where the thread will be in newest IB forum.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by N830MH
Perfect!! I'm glad to hear it. Looking forward to it. I will be around on newest IB forum. Can we move some thread out of OEFFP forum? That way where the thread will be in newest IB forum.
They did that; they usually do that when creating a new forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.