Reload this Page >

Motion Passed: Create Iberia Forum

Old Jun 28, 2011, 4:38 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

Moved by Markie and seconded by jackal:
That the TalkBoard recommends to the Community Director the creation of a forum titled 'Iberia Airlines Iberia Plus'
This vote will close on Jul 11, 11 at 6:44 pm or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:
The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion. Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback.

A motion shall pass if two-thirds of TalkBoard members participating in that vote vote yes.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Flyertalk has grown to the point where there are so many forums that people don't always know where to post things, and sometimes there is a huge overlap between two or more forums with exactly the same posts.

Having specific obvious forums goes a long way to help , and nothing is more specific than an airline or a hotel. To me this is a easy one, of course there should be a forum specific to Iberia. It's so much easier to point somebody in the right direction when it's an obvious direction.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I am in favor of a specific forum for Iberia simply because, in my experience, Iberia Plus is a complete enigma. I have tried to use it in the past, but gave up because I couldnt find much information on it, and Iberia was no help.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Iberia is growing in USA FT member use with its many flights, including the restored LAX-MAD flight. I find myself using IB more going to Europe because of the convenience, slightly lower fares, ease of use of MAD airport, lounge quality, quality of Iberia Business Plus. As well, with the merger of BA, yet separate identities, FFPs, etc. it would probably not be a good merge to have a BAEC-IP Forum.

I would welcome an Iberia Plus Forum and believe it would get some good use.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am in favor of this motion. I see more and more interest in travel to Spain.
The Iberia Forum makes great sense.^
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
I Agree in having a forum for Iberia it would make it much easier to find the information we might want to understand since IB themselves are not much help.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As a long term oneworld flyer I was suprised to find IB in a general forum. For travel last year I needed to sort though a lot of other stuff to find the IB specific information/advice I was after.

While I was able to get the information I was after and more; an Iberia specific forum could be a godsend.

So, yes please!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I agree that we need an IB forum, but wonder whether we should also have an IAG forum with BA and IB under that and it will be easy to add other airlines as IAG grows.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I agree with OPebble. The IAG thread is a good idea!

So Yes to Iberia.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: IB Plus Gold
Fully agree. I live in Spain, and Spanair is no really alternative to Iberia, I am using them more and more. Esepcially as the merger with BA gives much more options in tickets, flying e.g. to the US with IB, and back with BA. But with competivitive rates.

Thanks

Spainfly
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I am also in favor of it. It's one of the core members of oneworld. By default, they should have had their own forum a long time ago.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
As I stated in the other thread, this would be a welcome addition to FT. With IB's closer relationship with BA, I see myself flying IB more and more often, as I love MAD!

They provide great connections for me to TLV, and with their relationship with BA and AA, (as well as the rest of OW,) IB is a serious contender and deserves a place on FT.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'm all in favour of an Iberia board. Perhaps then finally I can understand the program?
I have looked at it several times but it's still quite a mystery to me. The Iberia homepage doesn't help...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I don't see any reason to not create the forum...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:23 pm

+1 for Iberia forum

I flew this April to Milan from EWR/JFK (don't remember) with the mistake fare tikts on AA booked through Iberia and I'm happy they honored the tikts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.