April Fools Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

April Fools Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Like I said, it should be up to the forum's moderators to decide what is appropriate or not.
No, it should be up to the TOS to decide what is appropriate or not.

The moderators simply interpret the TOS and enforce it.

Subtle but critical distinction that is unfortunately lost on many moderators.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I'm going to second this as they're really annoying and in fact some are downright rude. I'm all for good humor but putting up a prank fare really isn't funny imho.
Cheers
Howie
You've been around longer than me Haven't you learned to question everything that's posted on April that seems to be too good to be true?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
IMHO to ask the TB to rule on a one day a year extremely limited type of issue like this is total overkill. FT's moderators will close an inappropriate thread if they receive a RBP and deem it necessary. @:-)
Originally Posted by B747-437B
No, it should be up to the TOS to decide what is appropriate or not.

The moderators simply interpret the TOS and enforce it.

Subtle but critical distinction that is unfortunately lost on many moderators.
I'm glad to see by your reply that you agree that this April Fools issue is something that should be handled by the moderators and is not a TB issue. @:-)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You've been around longer than me Haven't you learned to question everything that's posted on April that seems to be too good to be true?
Thanks for making a statement that says it all!!! @:-)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Mary2e
No since mistakes do happen everyday including April fools day. Aren't hoax threads against the TOS every other day of the year? If so then we shouldn't just suspend that part of the TOS we should decelare shenanigans and suspend the entire TOS for the day.
Cheers
Howie
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:54 am

I'm glad to see by your reply that you agree that this April Fools issue is something that should be handled by the moderators and is not a TB issue. @:-)
Of course it is. TB can legislate that Aprils Fools jokes are not permitted but the enforcement of anything is always up to the moderators.

What can TB do? Pass a motion (on April 20 if we're lucky) asking the posters to retroactively remove their jokes? Very useful that would be!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Of course it is. TB can legislate that Aprils Fools jokes are not permitted but the enforcement of anything is always up to the moderators.

What can TB do? Pass a motion (on April 20 if we're lucky) asking the posters to retroactively remove their jokes? Very useful that would be!
So perhaps this thread should be used as a ewminder for our members to be ready to enjoy a good laugh next year when April Fools Day rolls around?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Personally I don't have any issues with AFD threads and find them entertaining.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:07 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Cholula
Personally I don't have any issues with AFD threads and find them entertaining.
I agree completely ^ (and that's even with a "mistake fare" thread over in the Mileage Run Deals forum as once my heart stops beating and I read the post(s), it's all in good fun*

*and besides, some are actually very well written and creative ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.