Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 15: What Bothers You About FlyerTalk?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Like most things there is always a potential for a negative. In Flyer Talk, I can only think of one thing that truely bothers me. That would be the fact that so many people are too quick to judge and jump to conclusions and speak before they think.

If everyone took a step back and looked at the big picture they might react differently.

There is also one other thing that bothers me, PEOPLE THAT FAIL TO VOTE IN OUR UPCOMING FT ELECTION! Vote, vote for me if you agree with me but most importantly,VOTE!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
What bothers me is the placement of that much advertisement that comes up as a pop-up. I disabled the pop-up's on my computer but somehow it still comes up.

Newsletters and Email infos as described above always change over the time and I think that they already try their best to put some interesting things together. However, whats interesting for one might not be that much in the focus of the other. We cant do individual Newsletters except theres the technical possibility to set preferences and a programm sends them out in a "mosaique scheme".
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:05 am
mjm
Original Member

As in daily life, anything that I think bothers me I let sit for a while and upon revisiting the issue, if it still really irks me I may bring it up with the party (-ies involved). That however is pretty rare.

What has bothered me enough about FT to not be able to let it go? Well one thing really and that is only if I go searching for something to wish would change.

I would hope that the TalkBoard discussions could be viewed in the same way the discussions of many national governments can be heard. When I sit in the gallery in the U.S. Senate and listen to the banter, I cannot comment and indeed I must remain particularly unobtrusive. Yet I can listen in if I wish to go get a ticket from my Senators office across the street. Transparency goes a long way towards helping the constituency believe in their representatives.

In the TB Topics forum, I often see periods with no comment by the TB. I know full well it is during these periods they are discussing the issues trying to figure out the best course of action. But I do wish that we could all see those discussions. Currently this is not allowed, but I hope that using the processes we have at our disposal and operating in good faith, that we could revisit this issue at some point.

Other than that, when I consider the monetary benefits I get in the form of upgrades, extra miles, some pretty cool friends, and a dinner companion in almost any city I may visit, all of which cost me exactly zero dollars and zero cents to FlyerTalk, I find very little to gripe about.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Sometimes, I think we take things too seriously, and this can be reflected in the tone of conversations between members. I'd like to think we can talk through any issue reasonably with a solid intermediary.

As a moderator, I would continue to address this issue through personal interaction with community members.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:33 am

Not that much really bothers me about FT. Certainly not on a serious scale otherwise I simply wouldn't be here.

I think squeakr summed it up pretty well:

Originally Posted by squeakr
What bothers me about FT are the same things that bother me about every message board I use or moderate which vary in topics - eg. , travel, pets, theater.
some posters are obnoxious on the board and delightful IRL
vice versa
some posters think that the relative anonymity permits them to be belittling and rude
the board host/admin makes decisions that seem arbitrary and capricious
posters who have been on the board along time complain about those danged newbies who don't know anything and want to change everything
vice versa
a few problem posters complain about
- other posters
- the management of the board

As such there's nothing here that I feel TB has in their purview to change, except as to be aware of characteristics that are common to other boards and look at management issues that might be of service to the membership at large.
And I guess I'd add 'people who take it all too seriously' as well.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
submitted by sobore
What one thing bothers you about FlyerTalk?
Three word answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.