Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 6: Your views on OMNI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I do participate in the "fun" threads in OMNI and I feel that they are an important asset to FT. However, I'm not sure if the controversial subjects (ie politics, religion) really serve FT well since they can create animosity among various members that can spill over into the "core" of FT.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think Omni has evolved into what it needs to be. It obviously wasn't created this way, but it has become what it is.

The only thing I would like to change is removing Omni posts from one's total post count. It is very deceiving when someone is labeled an Evangelist for Flyertalk when they don't even fly very much or know much about travel.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

OMNI is just that, OMNI, and I think it's just fine. Put simply, it adds value.

The "problem(s)" here have been, IMHO, the occassional nasty posts and the few posters themselves that make them, not the forum. I'm of the mine that we should eliminate the problem(s), not the forum.

Mark

Last edited by doc; Oct 21, 2005 at 6:35 am Reason: correct typo
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by doc
I'm of the mind that we should eliminate the problem(s), not the forum.
Aye! I think you are right on target there.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
This question was submitted by member jenbel:

"Some candidates have previously gone on record as being very disparaging about OMNI and the people who participate in OMNI. However, when OMNI was re-instated last year, it followed discussions with the TalkBoard. What are candidates opinions of OMNI, and in a similar situation, would they be opposed or willing to re-instate it?"
I'm a bit ambivalent on OMNI. On the one hand, I don't like at all the rhetoric on politics and religion, and at times makes me tire of OMNI, yet on the other hand, some of the fun threads about nothing, and threads of people giving advice on all sorts of topics are examples of the good side of OMNI. I guess in the end we have to take the good with the bad!

FewMiles..
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FewMiles

I'm a bit ambivalent on OMNI. On the one hand, I don't like at all the rhetoric on politics and religion, and at times makes me tire of OMNI, yet on the other hand, some of the fun threads about nothing, and threads of people giving advice on all sorts of topics are examples of the good side of OMNI. I guess in the end we have to take the good with the bad!

FewMiles..
FewMiles - out of personal interest are you still banned from posting in OMNI?

No need to answer if you feel it is personal but your reply is in the present tense, so guess you are back in there again? Given your thoughts on it above, can you share why you are/were banned from there?

I for one am rather interested, and members generally might well be too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.