Community
Wiki Posts
Search

connecting [LX] flight cancelled... what to do ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, KLM Flying Dutchman
connecting [LX] flight cancelled... what to do ?

Hi all,

Ok, not a big deal but this happened to me last friday (august 7th). I was flying CDG-GVA on AF (LX codeshare) and continuing to ZRH on LX metal. When I arrived at GVA I saw that my flight to ZRH was cancelled. I was put on the next flight some 3,5 hours later... The LX agent gave me a meal voucher of CHF20 (not enough to eat at the airport but still fine) and said that I should write to LX customer service for an eventual compensation but also said that nothing was planned. So my question is : is it worth writing and what can I expect ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help !
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX inside Switzelrand complies with EU261/04 which prescribes 250 EUR comp and meals if you are delayed by more that 2.5 hours due to a cancellation. You have to write to Swiss customer service to claim your rights. If they don't comply, protest to the Mediator at BAZL, the enforcing body of EU 261/04 in Switzerland. A link to the Mediator kontakt form can be found here:

http://www.bazl.admin.ch/dienstleist...x.html?lang=de
Old Aug 11, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Originally Posted by airtrainer
I was put on the next flight some 3,5 hours later...
Why didn't you ask to be put on the next train to ZRH - takes less then three hours and runs every half an hour. So by the time you'd were boarding the plane in GVA you would have been in Zurich...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX inside Switzelrand complies with EU261/04 which prescribes 250 EUR comp and meals if you are delayed by more that 2.5 hours due to a cancellation. You have to write to Swiss customer service to claim your rights. If they don't comply, protest to the Mediator at BAZL, the enforcing body of EU 261/04 in Switzerland. A link to the Mediator kontakt form can be found here:

http://www.bazl.admin.ch/dienstleist...x.html?lang=de
Thank you very much for your help, from what I've read I definitely have to try something...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Key8
Why didn't you ask to be put on the next train to ZRH - takes less then three hours and runs every half an hour. So by the time you'd were boarding the plane in GVA you would have been in Zurich...
just because I LOVE flying, my friend
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Oh yes, a Window seat GVA-ZRH on a lovely day is very nice ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.