LX BIZ JET v 332 C

Old Jul 10, 09, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
LX BIZ JET v 332 C

Travelling ZRH-JFK J last week Aug on flights scheduled for a 332.

Does anyone know if the privatair 738 to EWR is more comfortable and if there are any other pro's and con's? Also, as its operated by privatair, would this affect my earnings on DC?
Old Jul 10, 09, 6:50 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I'll do the BBJ in the other direction (EWR-ZRH) for the first time in August. I believe that the seats are more comfortable than the old A332 seats for night flights, but for a westbound day flight I would much more decide on schedule and airport convenience. I believe catering is identical.

As the BBJ is a wet-lease flight operating under LX number, you will earn on BD just like on any other LX flight.
Old Jul 10, 09, 6:53 am
Suspended

The first row on the BBJ has significantly more legroom than other rows. The actual seats are ski slopes and I found it relatively difficult to get comfortable. The service was very professional and my recollection was the food was good. It is very easy boarding and deplaning with so few people.

At EWR LX was using the DL lounge about a year ago.
Old Jul 10, 09, 8:55 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Does anybody know if the BBJ used for the LX fligths to EWR will soon get a cabin upgrade with new fully flat seats and AVOD IFE system as the seats are really not too great?
Old Aug 11, 09, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Please excuse this shameless bump....

....but as it looks pretty certain that the LX15 from JFK on 28 Aug isn't going to be a 333 I'm hoping that someone else could provide a clear recommendadtion as to the comfort for sleeping on the 332 or the BBJ.

I know there is no built in entertainment on the bbj but thats not really bothering me as a good sleep is my priority.

Also, if I opt for the EWR flight, does Delta offer hot food in their lounge so I can skip the meal on the flight? Same question for the LX JFK lounge?
Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Absolutely gutted about the 332 but can't get to JFK in time for the earlier 333.

Last edited by bmi goldenboy; Aug 11, 09 at 7:46 am
Old Aug 11, 09, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmi goldenboy View Post
Please excuse this shamless bump....

....but as it looks pretty certain that the LX15 from JFK on 28 Aug isn't going to be a 333 I'm hoping that someone else could provide a clear recommendadtion as to the comfort for sleeping on the 332 or the BBJ.

I know there is no built in entertainment on the bbj but thats not really bothering me as a good sleep is my priority.

Also, if I opt for the EWR flight, does Delta offer hot food in their lounge so I can skip the meal on the flight? Same question for the LX JFK lounge?
Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Absolutely gutted about the 332 but can't get to JFK in time for the earlier 333.
There was nothing beyond nut mix, chips at the DL lounge when I flew the BBJ but that is 1.5 years ago now approximately. I found the seats roughly equivalent - recliner on the 332 vs. ski slope on the BJJ - neither great. The BBJ is just less hassle because of so few passengers.
Old Aug 11, 09, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler View Post
There was nothing beyond nut mix, chips at the DL lounge when I flew the BBJ but that is 1.5 years ago now approximately.
Delta lounges now have a better variety of snacks, but they are just that, snacks. No hot or cold meals. Though I have seen folks try to make a meal out of the biscoff cookies.
Old Aug 12, 09, 3:11 am

I did the round trip on the EWR BBJ within the last week.

Outbound ZRH - EWR unremarkable. Seated in row 1 window, no problems. Food was good and the service was very attentive. EWR arrivals were deserted, so no wait whatsoever for bags or immigration.

Return EWR - ZRH: If you arrive early, the check-in only opens around 6 p.m. / 6.30 p.m. and is not entirely easy to spot before then (only one counter with a smallish Swiss sign above). It is operated by Delta and they opened up a few more counters later on.

As has been said, the Delta lounge will do nothing for you on the culinary front.

Be aware that the Duty Free shop at the gates closes early, so if you want to make any purchases, it is probably best to do that before going to the lounge.

The lack of food in the lounge was more than made up for by the meal on board. They were also considerably quicker with the meal service on the night flight, so as to allow you to maximise sleeping time. Again, a very good service as well.

Your sleeping comfort experience may be reproportional to your height. Unfortunately, I am 6'4 ... The lady in the seat next to me (just over 5' at a guess), however, slept like a log. Several small children on board did not help with the quiet atmosphere we would all prefer (BBJ: Boeing Baby Jet?), but that's life I guess.

Personally, I would not be in a hurry to get on the BBJ again before they upgrade the seats.
Old Aug 12, 09, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TeflonMan View Post
I did the round trip on the EWR BBJ within the last week.

Your sleeping comfort experience may be reproportional to your height. Unfortunately, I am 6'4 ... The lady in the seat next to me (just over 5' at a guess), however, slept like a log. Several small children on board did not help with the quiet atmosphere we would all prefer (BBJ: Boeing Baby Jet?), but that's life I guess.

Personally, I would not be in a hurry to get on the BBJ again before they upgrade the seats.

Really helpful TeflonMan, thanks very much. ^

I'm 6`3" so I guess I'll just stick with the cradle seat on the JFK 332 service at least the lounge will be nicer and who knows maybe a miracle will happen and I'll board to find a gleaming new 333 interior

At least I bagged a centre seat in row 8 so I don't have to clamber over anyone so if I do manage to drop off to the land of nod I won't be rudely awakened by the poor soul trapped against the window trying to climb past me on the way to the loo.

Appreciate all the comments btw, I shouldn't have done ZRH - LAX in LX F in April though, its spoiled me badly, nothing else lives up to my expectations anymore.

Last edited by bmi goldenboy; Aug 13, 09 at 2:21 pm
Old Aug 13, 09, 12:47 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by bmi goldenboy View Post
Appreciate all the comments btw, I shouldn't have done ZRH - LAX in LX F in April though, its spoiled me badly, nothing lives up to my expectations anymore.
^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: