Search

Flight Cancelled Comp?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Flight Cancelled Comp?

Dear all,

quick question for you: A relative of mine was booked on ZRH - JFK this Saturday. The flight was canceled and he was re-booked via FRA. Consequently he landed c. 4h later in JFK (and had to sit in the middle in the middle instead of his pre-assigned aisle seat...)

Is he entitled to some kind of compensation? LX claims the flight was cancele since they didn't have a cockpit crew ()

Thanks
FeM
Old Aug 10, 2008, 2:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Dear all,

quick question for you: A relative of mine was booked on ZRH - JFK this Saturday. The flight was canceled and he was re-booked via FRA. Consequently he landed c. 4h later in JFK (and had to sit in the middle in the middle instead of his pre-assigned aisle seat...)

Is he entitled to some kind of compensation? LX claims the flight was cancele since they didn't have a cockpit crew ()

Thanks
FeM
for LX questions/compensations I recommend posting in the LX forum.

But here you go anyway (and then click on Europeen Commission: Air Transportation)

But no compensation for the re-seating (in the same class).
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the link. I am not sure what kind of comp is to be expected. Has anyone ever filed such a complaint and received anything? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks
FeM
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Thanks for the link. I am not sure what kind of comp is to be expected. Has anyone ever filed such a complaint and received anything? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks
FeM
If your relative landed less than 4h late at JFK, he isn't entitled for a compensation, otherwise he has to get 600.

LX is usually generous with such matters, so it's worth writing.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:36 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I thought in case of beeing rerouted/rebooked you get 50%...at least this is what the LBA says.

http://www.lba.de/cln_009/nn_307058/...tionsblatt.pdf (Page 5)
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by DTS
I thought in case of beeing rerouted/rebooked you get 50%...at least this is what the LBA says.

http://www.lba.de/cln_009/nn_307058/...tionsblatt.pdf (Page 5)
I had once a very similar case, and we tried to take the EU-regulation literally - without success. I arrived about 1h 52 late due to a cancellation because of crew-shortage, and the question was whether I was entitled to get 0% or 50%. The thread about this was here.

Finally I got a "gesture of goodwill" which exceeded the expected 50% (have to admit that I was travelling as a SEN on a full C-fare - this is not the worst existing combination).
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:33 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Ah, ok. I just know, that this is what they offer when doing a voluntary rebooking.
I was booked on DUS-ZRH last Saturday (ultra cheapo E-fare, no status). When I came to the gate, the monitors showed, that they were looking for volunteers, because the flight was overbooked. The next flight would have been ~1:50h later, and they offered 125€ cash or 175€ in LH-vouchers.
Well, I went for that offer but I found out that the later (and also last flight) was also overbooked, but that's a different story (that ended in flying DUS-LHR-ZRH in C and 250€ cash).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.