Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying In First Zurich to BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Flying In First Zurich to BKK

Taken three days and got and somebody picked up the phone at reservations to reserve my seating in F - though no window seating left DO they meet you from the plane on landing at BKK or do I have to run to customs and get my own cab ? Probably been spolit on Thai First
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Are you sure that all the window seats have been taken? On this route all window seats are blocked for HON's so if you are not an HON the person at reservations will have told you that you are unable to book a window seat!
As to your second question, no you will not be met at BKK and will have to go grab your own cab I think.
I am flying this route in F for the first time this coming Sunday . Have a good flight and I hope you manage to get a window seat in the end ^
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:41 pm

You are leaving at 10 pm arriving at 2 pm+ .
After sunrise (which is when everybody is sound asleep ) it is cloudy anyway and your fellow pax can become pretty nasty if you open your shade and disturb their sleep. F and C on this route is mostly used by business people who connect in BKK or continue to SIN.

Why do you want to stare at the dark night for most of the flight? Eco on the other hand is full of touris happy with the free booze who do not want to sleep and keep their shades up for the whole flight.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
When breakfast is being served, it's always very nice and spectacular to see the Himalaya mountains (left hand) and the Ganges delta (right hand side).
At this moment you don't bother anyone (at least I have never had a problem on LX182, and took this flight quite a few times...). Also the daylight descent to Suvarnabhumi over the sea is always pretty nice.

If you are not SEN or HON, it's indeed a bit difficult to reserve a window seat in F (I don't know which window seats are blocked for SEN/HON, though) - but they may make a remark in your booking. The window seats will be released for all 24 hours prior to departure.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:20 pm

Rorschi, do you know how many hours after take off the breakfast is served? It is my first time travelling Long-haul F let alone first time LX F and I was wanting to be awake for the second half of the flight (last 4-5 hours) to enjoy the views and consciousley experience the F class service and product At the same time I don't want to a nuisance to my fellow pax!

By the way I appreciate the info about the ganges and the himalayas thanks ^
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:29 pm

I think the most beautiful view is about 2-3 hours before landing (=about 8 hours after take-off).

For breakfast-time, it's best to arrange it with the F/A, while 2-3 hours before landing is OK. This is also the usual time when the cabin wakes up.

IF there is really somebody still sleeping, you don't have to open all shades, just open the one next to you for looking out...

I just hope that the weather will be fine over Bangladesh - I did this flight always in winter time, when the sky was always clear in this region.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:37 pm

Thanks alot Yeah I probably will wake up earlier and just open my shade. Currently there is only 1 other person in F apart from my companion and I (fingers crossed) so hopefully we won't cause much disturbance with him being at the other side of the cabin
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:52 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by rorschi
If you are not SEN or HON, it's indeed a bit difficult to reserve a window seat in F (I don't know which window seats are blocked for SEN/HON, though)
Are you sure about that? I've managed to snag 2K last year as a lowly FTL at that time without any problems on LX183 BKK-ZRH.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:06 am

Maybe it is just ex-ZRH. I was told by the woman on the phone they are all reserved for HON's/SEN's
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:14 am

AFAIK, 1A, 1K and 2A are reserved for SENs and HONs (on both A343 and A332). Can somebody confirm this?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
AFAIK, 1A, 1K and 2A are reserved for SENs and HONs (on both A343 and A332). Can somebody confirm this?
This information is untrue. I requested these seats many time without mentioning being a senator and I always get them when they are available.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LH/LX
This information is untrue. I requested these seats many time without mentioning being a senator and I always get them when they are available.
Well, if you are a SEN, and are booked as such, they will see that when you call them up, and therefore assign you those seats. My experience has been similar to what rorschi reports.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:56 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by airoli
Well, if you are a SEN, and are booked as such, they will see that when you call them up, and therefore assign you those seats. My experience has been similar to what rorschi reports.
Yes, its also my experience, that you need to be a HON or SEN for booking these seats.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: BA
According to expertflyer those seats are 'blocked'.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
According to expertflyer those seats are 'blocked'.
1A and 1K are blocked seats for travellers with infants and this is why you may find them available only one or two days defore departure if you were a single passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.