Wiki Posts
Search

LX 656 (ZRH-CDG) returned to ZRH after 15 min today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
LX 656 (ZRH-CDG) returned to ZRH after 15 min today

I was on LX 656 from ZRH to CDG this afternoon when 15 min after being airborne the captain decided to return to ZRH because the cockpit did not receive the signal regarding the status of the landing flaps. It was unclear if the damage could be repaired quickly or if a new aircraft would be needed to bring us to CDG. While parked at A83 (our initial departure gate) and als pax on board, the damage was investigated and the aircraft was refueled. But after 30 min on ground, the pilot informed us that the damage was more severe than expected and we would have to wait for a the plane from GVA to arrive which would then bring us to CDG. We could not deplane as there was no space for us at A82/83 and had to wait another 30 min or so in the plane.

The crew on board did a great job, distributing drinks and icecream (but no food) for everybody. They really kept the pax as happy as possible and no complaints were heard. Some comics / comedy short movies from the Just for Laughs Well done!!

Once the plane from GVA arrived, we were allowed to get off the plane and wait in front of A82 until the GVA pax disembarked and the a/c was cleaned and refueled.

We arrived at approx. 21:45 in CDG, approx. 3 hours late.

All in all - well done LX!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.