Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No, food wise it's quite a bit worse. It's somewhere in the level of the LX Business lounge, with some sandwiches (but not the better SEN ones) added..

The only advantage of the Panorama lounge is, as it's name suggests, that you got a nice view (on the tarmac)
Thanks. But how about WiFi? It can't be worse than the Sen lounge, right? Hopefully a lot better. My last few times at ZRH I haven't been able to get much email done since the throughput is so poor in the Senator lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks. But how about WiFi? It can't be worse than the Sen lounge, right? Hopefully a lot better. My last few times at ZRH I haven't been able to get much email done since the throughput is so poor in the Senator lounge.
There is 1 hour of free wifi in the whole airport (Good speed) - no matter if you're in a lounge or anywhere else. You can use 2 hours, if you've two devices, or change your MAC address..
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
And AFAIK the wifi infrastructure is the same anywhere in the airport, so the speed would be the same in the Panorama and the Senator lounge.

I really dislike the Panorama lounge, especially around the mid-day longhaul departure peak, it is packed to the gills. They even have an overflow "bistro" area out in the hall now.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by airoli
And AFAIK the wifi infrastructure is the same anywhere in the airport, so the speed would be the same in the Panorama and the Senator lounge.

I really dislike the Panorama lounge, especially around the mid-day longhaul departure peak, it is packed to the gills. They even have an overflow "bistro" area out in the hall now.
The overflow bistro does exist since at least 2010

And it usually does serve better food than the main "lounge" part, whenever it's open, I prefer to go there
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The overflow bistro does exist since at least 2010
Tells you how often I even bother to go there!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:17 pm

Flying TLV-ZRH on Swiss then connecting to United to the US. The layover is 3 hours and leaves ZRH at noon.

Flying J, have PP and United club, whats my best option? My main desire is for space. Is it the Swiss Arrivals lounge? I understand need to go through immigration for that?

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by airfly56
Flying TLV-ZRH on Swiss then connecting to United to the US. The layover is 3 hours and leaves ZRH at noon.

Flying J, have PP and United club, whats my best option? My main desire is for space. Is it the Swiss Arrivals lounge? I understand need to go through immigration for that?

Thanks
If you're flying J, then yes, the Arrival lounge is your best bet regarding space, relaxation, and food. However please note that it closes at 1pm.

Yes, as the lounge is landside, you need to go through immigration, and enter the Schengen area. You either need a Schengen Visa, or own a passport which don't need a Visa to do so.

If you're arriving before 12am, then yes, going for the Arrival lounge is highly suggested. Otherwise, staying in the E Terminal and visiting the Panorama lounge there is probably the most easy way, as the LX Lounge in the main terminal is often crowded (too).
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:31 pm

Thanks , does a US passport get me through? How much time to get from the arrivals to the departing gate(E, I believe)?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by airfly56
Thanks , does a US passport get me through? How much time to get from the arrivals to the departing gate(E, I believe)?
Yes, a US passport should allow you access without a Visa as much as I'm informed.

From the arrival lounge to the E gate, it takes about 15-20 minutes (including security, immigration and train ride)

As the US-bound flights board much earlier, I would leave no later than one hour prior to departure time from the Arrival lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: United Premier
lounge access

I just missed *A gold (United) this year, so only have silver. However, I am flying Swiss Air from SFO to Nairobi, with a layover in Zurich (United flt number, Swiss metal). If I understand the Swiss Air website, it appears that all Swiss Air Miles and More members have access to "SWISS Business Lounge, Lounge D Business, Arrival Lounge".

Do I understand that correctly-- that if I have a Miles and More membership number/card, I can use it to enter, even if I am not currently *A gold? I will have a Swiss boarding card. I remember last few times I came thru Zurich and did have the gold card, I went to three different lounges and all had yummy snacks and beverages, and comfortable chairs.

http://www.swiss.com/web/en/fly_swis...zurich_lounges

What do you think?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dawson
I just missed *A gold (United) this year, so only have silver. However, I am flying Swiss Air from SFO to Nairobi, with a layover in Zurich (United flt number, Swiss metal). If I understand the Swiss Air website, it appears that all Swiss Air Miles and More members have access to "SWISS Business Lounge, Lounge D Business, Arrival Lounge".

Do I understand that correctly-- that if I have a Miles and More membership number/card, I can use it to enter, even if I am not currently *A gold? I will have a Swiss boarding card. I remember last few times I came thru Zurich and did have the gold card, I went to three different lounges and all had yummy snacks and beverages, and comfortable chairs.

http://www.swiss.com/web/en/fly_swis...zurich_lounges

What do you think?
You will need a Miles and More Gold or Silver card to access LX/LH Business Lounges if flying in Economy.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:42 pm

We have a 12 hour lay-over in Zurich, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by madisoncat
We have a 12 hour lay-over in Zurich, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This is about the lounge in ZRH.. you will NOT want to stay there for 12 hours.

If you want to book a tour in/around Zurich, feel free to contact me.

Here are some threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...er-zurich.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...isit-city.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...t-do-city.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...g-layover.html
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:09 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Hi all

I booked 3-Business Class award tix for goalie-parents & goalie-aunt MIA-ZRH-CDG/CDG-ZRH-MIA and wondering which lounge they will have access to for their long sit at ZRH before heading to CDG (goalie-dad is a UA 1k [*G] if that matters/helps) and also what the procedure is regarding clearing customs and immigration plus....

On the outbound, the ZRH-CDG flight is on an Avro RJ100 and I'm wondering if that's the equivalent of a United Express flight where they often depart from a different (and sometimes remote) terminal in the U.S. and if that may apply at ZRH and if yes, which lounge would be best and how much time should they allow to get to the gate. Also,

On their return, the CDG-ZRH arrives at 11:10 and ZRH-MIA departs at 13:20 so I assume there is enough time to visit the lounge but again which one.

Thanks as always and if I may, as I'm going to copy & paste into an e-mail to my folks, could the instructions be "dumbed down"
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Hi all

I booked 3-Business Class award tix for goalie-parents & goalie-aunt MIA-ZRH-CDG/CDG-ZRH-MIA and wondering which lounge they will have access to for their long sit at ZRH before heading to CDG (goalie-dad is a UA 1k [*G] if that matters/helps) and also what the procedure is regarding clearing customs and immigration plus....
Arrival from MIA will be at dock E. Leave the aircraft, pass security, take the Heidi train to dock A, pass passport control and go to the business lounge A. I made that way in less than 15 min. recently.

On the outbound, the ZRH-CDG flight is on an Avro RJ100 and I'm wondering if that's the equivalent of a United Express flight where they often depart from a different (and sometimes remote) terminal in the U.S. and if that may apply at ZRH and if yes, which lounge would be best and how much time should they allow to get to the gate. Also,
For the flight to CDG no more security etc. Just walk to the gate and board the aircraft. Last saturday my flight to CDG was leaving from gate A64; this gate is reached in 2 min. when leaving the lounge. All A-gates can be reached in less than 10 min.; if it will leave from the B-gates, calculate approx. 10 min. walk if you walk at normal speed.

On their return, the CDG-ZRH arrives at 11:10 and ZRH-MIA departs at 13:20 so I assume there is enough time to visit the lounge but again which one.
They might again go to the lounge in A when arriving in ZRH from CDG before heading to dock E (passport control, Heidi train). Or go directly to dock E and use the panorama lounge, which is nothing special but has a good view onto the runways.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Mar 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.