Wiki Posts
Search

a different Coop miles&more promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kooks
But we will start again next week....
kooks, I think this promo is over on the 4th of August!

Last edited by SASfan; Aug 4, 2007 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan
kooks, I think this promo is over on the 4th of August!
No in fact the collection of points is over on the 4th...

BUT you can exchange the cards until the 18th of August....

kooks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by kooks
Hello,

Finally I got time today and went with a friend in a Coop in Lausanne where I work.

A very nice and friendly lady exchanged 100 cards for us... all in 4 cards at the time... paid every 4 cards....

We stoped @100.... too much to write... ..

But we will start again next week....

Have a good WE,....

kooks

How does one get so many cards????
Do COOP employees get them for free or how does it work??? I mean for 100 cards you need to spend 30000 SFR at COOP, not????
I fear they will stop such offers if people use them like this... or am I wrong??
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by SebFra
Do COOP employees get them for free or how does it work??? I mean for 100 cards you need to spend 30000 SFR at COOP, not????
I fear they will stop such offers if people use them like this... or am I wrong??
According to the terms and conditions of the promo, cards and stickers can be traded, bought and sold. Complete cards are currently selling for 1 to 2 CHF each on www.ricardo.ch.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You can buy them on Ricardo (Swiss auction platform) for about 1 franc a piece.

I don't think Coop will have a problem with a lot of people buying miles, it's not like they would loose a lot of money selling a mile for 1.645 Swiss cents.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:49 am

I did bought a lot of cards from people on Ricardo and Ebay...

So yes I had and still have a lot of cards... and will exchange them and pay for miles...

Very good rate less then 1700 CHF for a C class tket to LAX....

kouks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:04 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
coop employees, working as cashier, can easily collect thousands of such cards, by taking themselves all märklis that costumers (which seems to be roughly 50% of all costumers) don't ask for.

The Märkli inventory at each cashier is not supervised very closely, and should only fit more or less a days total turnover in SFr.

In add, these promotions (be it for miles, or for travel bags in this case) is a self-paying promotion and doesn't cost Coop a Rappen (penny/cent).
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Rudi
In add, these promotions (be it for miles, or for travel bags in this case) is a self-paying promotion and doesn't cost Coop a Rappen (penny/cent).
Especially, if you look at the advertised normal prices of the bags....nowadays people make money with brands and trading and not with producing goods. (Nearly) everything is made in China (or around) and only the brand printed on the resp. good (and the expected quality) makes the price.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, M&M FTL, Sixt Gold, IHG Gold
promo extended one week

uuaahh

this afternoon I tried to exchange 7 set's of märkli - every Coop in Zurich north sent me to Coop Bellvue because all of them were run out of the coupons and said they wouldn't get any of them anymore.

Later I met a lady who works at Coop City Oerlikon and she just told me that they WILL get more coupons and that the promotion will be extended for another week (e.g. 25th August)
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Gisela had no problem today exchanging into miles at Coop City Bellevue and St.Annahof /Bahnhofstrasse), both in Zurich.

At St.Annahof she also heard the lady saying, that they expect a one week prolongation ---
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:46 am
Original Member
Original Poster

the travel trophy promotion has been extended by one week and ends on Saturday August-25 (only redemption period has been extended, you don't get any Märkli anymore since early August).
Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:52 pm

Sorry if this is has been posted before. I couldn't see it anywhere.

Coop are re-running the reduced point per mile scheme (1.5 super points per mile)

http://www.supercard.ch/scin/giftSea...tNumber=809675

10'000 points = 6'666 miles
Old Aug 28, 2007, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by matwsn
Sorry if this is has been posted before. I couldn't see it anywhere.
There's a dedicated thread about it in this very forum: here.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:51 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Delay in postng miles

Did anyone of you experience delays in posting miles when changin the "maerkli" into vouchers? First time I did it they were posted before the 14 days. Now I have been waiting form more than 14 days and they were not posted yet

What are your experiences recently?
Old Sep 3, 2007, 1:12 am

I redeemed most vouchers in the last 3 weeks of the promotion and it usually took anywhere between 7 and 10 days for the miles to appear in my M&M account. The last few, redeemed in the last "official" week of the promotion, took about 17 days to post.

The miles will be posted in your account with the date on the voucher, not with the date they actually posted in the M&M account, so you might have to scroll back in you M&M account statement to find them.

If you should not receive the miles within 4 weeks, you should call the hotline - the number is on the back of your receipt(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.