Wiki Posts
Search

LX19 EWR-ZRH business jet ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

LX19 EWR-ZRH business jet ?

How far into this flight do they serve dinner? In another thread, verve writes
Plane leaves EWR at 21.40 so a quick dinner would be appreciated, but as with all LX C flights from the east coast I've taken, it took an eternity until the main course was presented.
but just how long is it until dinner?

Do they strictly enforce 8kg/piece limits on carry-on bags?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:42 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by richarddd
How far into this flight do they serve dinner? In another thread, verve writes but just how long is it until dinner?

Do they strictly enforce 8kg/piece limits on carry-on bags?
this last Sunday EWR-ZRH (with a swiss TV team on board) dinner was started about 30' minutes after take-off and finished about 60 minutes later.

no weight check of carry-on luggage at all.

LX lounge at EWR is the convenient located (after security, near the gates) DELTA lounge (but pretty full). Before departure that Sunday evening they had already all swiss german Sunday newspaper (SonntagsZeitung, NZZ am Sonntag, SonntagsBlick) available at the lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:23 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rudi
(with a swiss TV team on board)
One could get the impression you're only taking flights that have a TV-Crew on board
Didn't see you in the 10v10, but it was one of the best reports LX got from SFDRS in the last years and of course a great work of PR with Jean-Claude (the wife/partner of Christo) sitting in F and telling that LX is one of the best airlines....
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:12 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by verve
... One could get the impression you're only taking flights that have a TV-Crew on board ....
it could be the other way round: TV-crews only take flights if I am aboard ...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:43 am
Original Poster

By the way, am I likely to have a problem with carry-on luggage on the continuation flight ZRH-TXL?

Glad to hear dinner should be served early in the flight.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:51 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by richarddd
By the way, am I likely to have a problem with carry-on luggage on the continuation flight ZRH-TXL?

Glad to hear dinner should be served early in the flight.
if so (problem with carry-on-luggage) they tag it when boarding at the desk and you just leave it before boarding the plane.

there is also a fast service option for dinner, without the main (hot-) course. But to profit that way in saving time for more sleep, tell them already before take-off in the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.