Search

Milano Malpensa (MXP) flying LX eco, access Sala Pergolesi as a Senator

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Milano Malpensa (MXP) flying LX eco, access Sala Pergolesi as a Senator

already now, before april-1st-2006, I got access at the Sala Pergolesi when flying LX to ZRH in eco (showing my Senator card).

you also get a 15 minutes Internet access card from the concierge (they fotocopy your passport) free.

Rudi (posting from the Sala Pergolesi)
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:11 am

That's excellent news. Good to now that you get a card for 15min internet access (for some posts on Flyertalk).
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
you also get a 15 minutes Internet access card from the concierge (they fotocopy your passport) free.
Why on earth would they copy your passport?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:41 am

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Italians seem to have a strong preference forfotocopying passports... E.g. In hotels...
Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by andyZRH
Why on earth would they copy your passport?
There is an Italian law that stipulates that noone may use the internet anymously, which is why internet cafs etc. have to copy your ID and WLAN hotspots etc. only work with credit cards...
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Originally Posted by airoli
There is an Italian law that stipulates that noone may use the internet anymously, which is why internet cafs etc. have to copy your ID and WLAN hotspots etc. only work with credit cards...
It is anti-terrorism related as internet and emails were apparently being used by al-Qaeda to communicate between cells. In theory, there is a way to trace back who was using what computer where by having everyone identify themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.