Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HAM-ZRH-LAX RT: LH Ticket, but STC or M&M Card?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH
HAM-ZRH-LAX RT: LH Ticket, but STC or M&M Card?

Hello out there,
I've booked a flight HAM-ZRH-LAX-ZRH-HAM. Ticket is from Lufthansa, but all flights are operated by SWISS. Obviously I have LH Codeshare flight numbers (LH 5....) on my ticket. Booking class is W.

Now I'm asking myself wheter I should use my M&M or STC Card. The return flight lands takes off at LAX on March 31st and my connection flight to HAM is on April 1st. So I should get STC miles for 3 of my 4 flights, but is worth using the STC Card, considering I'm in LH booking class W?

Anybody got experience with LH Tickets and LX flights and which FF programm card to choose?

Thanks for any advice
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

with STC, you can earn the normal full amount of miles on LX-flights, also if they are booked with LH-#.

With M&M, it is usual that the conditions for the operating carrier (=LX) apply. So you earn only 50% for W-class ZRH-LAX-ZRH, and only 750miles for HAM-ZRH (instead of 1000 with STC).

So more miles with STC; but no status miles if you would reach FTL/SEN/HON until the end of the year...

Patrick
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your advice. well, then the case is clear for me; i wont reach any status anyway, so I'd rather get normal miles instead of 50%. Makes a huge difference for me. After all I can get European award flights with LH for 10k now (after they are transferred from STC). So the LX 13k for this flight seem way better than the 7k for M&M.

Any clue what happens if I check in @ LAX on March 31st for my flight to ZRH and then my flight ZRH-HAM on April 1st? Will I still get STC miles or automatically 750 M&M Miles?

Florian
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold
use your stc card instead of miles and more!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by flo-e

Any clue what happens if I check in @ LAX on March 31st for my flight to ZRH and then my flight ZRH-HAM on April 1st? Will I still get STC miles or automatically 750 M&M Miles?

Florian
I assume if you check everything through to HAM already in LAX on the 31st, your STC number will be printed on the BP. With that, I'd should be possible to credit the miles to TravelClub. At least with a follow-up call.

Pocoloco
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers!

When booking I stupidly entered my M&M number? How do I change it STC? Is it sufficient to just tell the lady at the check-in counter to do so when I check in?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:55 pm

Hello,

I suggest you to call Lufthansa to change the FFP-number and check it at the check-in very carefully - it should be printed "LXP" on your boarding pass and not "M/M".

Patrick
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:57 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by flo-e
Thanks for your answers!

When booking I stupidly entered my M&M number? How do I change it STC? Is it sufficient to just tell the lady at the check-in counter to do so when I check in?
you can call LX and ask them to change it... or directly the agent with whom you booked.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
you can call LX and ask them to change it... or directly the agent with whom you booked.
No problem changing it at check-in or even at the gate. Just make sure it is shown on the BP
Old Mar 18, 2006, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Allright, the service center changed my FF number. Thanks for the advice guys.

Does anyone know if there are still double and triple miles bonuses on certain routes? I couldnt find a link on the STC website.

Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 2:15 pm

Hello,

there is no more promo announced for STC-members (I still hope for a very last 240'000-miles-promo for 1-3 flights by end of march ).

Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.