What to expect in Y this week???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue
What to expect in Y this week???

Hello all

I'm flying MAN-ZRH-HKG-ZRH-MAN this week

What will i expect in Y on the ZRH-HKG-ZRH legs?
Do Swiss do amienity packs, so i can freshen up?
And what movies will there be on the way there and back? Any chance of War of the Worlds at all?

I expect a snack from MAN to ZRH and back, but long-haul wil be new for me.

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
You will get a small snack on the MAN-ZRH route as Swiss learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to try and copy the LCCs.

For your long haul flight, you will be quite well looked after with a hot meal and (assuming morning arrival in HKG) a hot breakfast.

You will not get an amenity kit though.

Edited to add: Choice of movies will depend on aircraft type. I have the vaguest recollection of not having personal displays on any of my long haul flights with them (all in elderly MD11s).

Regards
I

Last edited by Internaut; Aug 30, 2005 at 12:16 pm
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More
Considering your long-haul flight, I'm afraid you can forget the War of the Worlds (quite old, already). You'll find the IFE programm for july and august on http://www.swiss.com/web/MACNS4/abou...nformation.htm. September programm should be online in a few days.

Enjoy your flights !
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Don't build your hopes too high for the longhaul sector (but then again this applies to Y class on any airline I suppose!).

- no amenity kit whatsoever
- very poor choice of reading material
- one main meal with hot main course but very limited in quantity/average quality
- second meal (breakfast) features cold items only with warmed roll/croissant even on very long flights (my experience to JNB/GRU but never HKG though), bad coffee served in paper cups
- however, good IFE with AVOD, regular water service during the night, generally speaking friendly crew
Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Ah well, i'm sure it'll be a plesant exprerience long haul. Never flown on an A343 either

I'm looking forward to it tho, will be much better than flying BA
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: All Programs
Originally Posted by Internaut
You will get a small snack on the MAN-ZRH route as Swiss learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to try and copy the LCCs.
Ha, Swiss didn't understand anything at all. They wanted to copy the no-frills concept but they didn't. Swiss doesn't know that no-frills don't have to offer a complex hub-and-spokes system. If an airline only has to fly point-to-point it has much lower costs than network carriers. It's that easy
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Just got back, and i must say i was very impressed by the service. I felt welcome, and was given good attention. Attendants were very helpful. Food on HKG legs were not bad at all, entertainment was a bit boring, but i did sleep 80% of both journeys!

Will deffo go for SWISS again l/h!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:21 am

Programs: AY Plat, SK Silver, FB Gold
I also flew Swiss long-haul (dayflight ZRH-Yaound) for the first time last Saturday and was positively surprised:
- good food and drinks
- FA's took good care of kids (and offered them their food ASAP after take-off)
- Mvenpick ice-cream
- hot towels at the end of the flight
- good choice of magazines in Y class
- good IFE (not AVOD)
- friendly crew sharing their experience on Cameroon (important for me as I went there for the first time)

A few negative points:
- no possibility to get out in Malabo during the stop (well, it's a short stop)
- seat pitch
- only one weekly flight to Yaound

PS. the Diners Club lounge in Zurich E terminal was very nice.

Last edited by JuPe; Sep 9, 2005 at 3:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.