Search

News from LX Press Conference

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
News from LX Press Conference

A brief summary of customer-relevant issues:
  • Fleet reduction: The Saab 2000s will be removed from service on October 30st. The ERJ145s will be gradually phased out until the end of March 06. 6 Avro RJs will join the fleet. Their origin was not revealed.
  • LH integration: Starting with the winter timetable, all flights between Germany and Switzerland will be codeshares with LX and LH flight numbers. In MUC, FRA and ZRH, LH and LX will be handled by the respective "home carrier" in their own Terminal, i.e. 1 in ZRH and 2 in MUC.
  • Lounge access: As of October 31st, Business Class pax and STC Silver / M&M FTL members will enjoy lounge access according to their status when flying LX or LH.
  • Other Codeshares: Also from the start of the winter timetable, LX will put its code on the YYZ-ZRH-DEL flights operated daily by Air Canada. Apparently, LX flight numbers will also be added to the VIE-BSL and VIE-GVA services operated by Austrian Airlines.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
I had to go to the Switzerland version of the Swiss website to see the new press releases; they are not visible on the USA version of the site (the Swiss website is not among the friendliest). Although the press releases refer to the Winter timetable, I still do not see the new timetable itself anywhere on the site.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by airoli
[*]Lounge access: As of October 31st, Business Class pax and STC Silver / M&M FTL members will enjoy lounge access according to their status when flying LX or LH
... by implication in T1 at ZRH.

That's going to get crowded! Presumably, as hinted elsewhere, the current *A lounge in T2 will pass to BA and others? If so, on 31 October or later? (I have a BA reservation for December which shows check-in at T1 and the LX lounge in T1, though I will not protest if I am forced to use T2 .)
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by agtoau
I still do not see the new timetable itself anywhere on the site.
Which is because it will only be published (in print and electronically) on September 1st. Most flights are already loaded into the various booking engines however.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:46 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Regarding the lounge access for LH FTL / LX Silver, this seems to be some good news. Anyway, thanks for the sum up of the LX Press Conference, airoli ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.