Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Re-Opening of booking-classes ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Re-Opening of booking-classes ?

I have the experience, that sometimes booking classes are reopened.
i wolul like to fly to from Europe to JNB in End of October / Begin of November, but all under 850..900 Euro is sold out.

But KLM, BA and AF have flights for round about 500 Euro´s.

is it possible, that better classes will be reopened and when ?
Difficult question, i know :-)
Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:21 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
swiss last minute

Originally Posted by jotxl
i wolul like to fly to from Europe to JNB in End of October / Begin of November, but all under 850..900 Euro is sold out.

hi,

don't know if it is of much help - but especially from german airports swiss has some good last-minute offers (which can only be booked 10 days before departure ...). see your local swiss office or for example travel overland ... i hope to get to tokyo in late september for 644€

i highly doubt that they will open cheap booking classes way in advance. especially to jnb where high season will start when it is getting cold in europe ...
expertflyer fare information shows fares from 872€ (V-class) during that timeframe. travelocity shows fares from 674€

CHris
Old Aug 19, 2005, 3:27 pm

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Originally Posted by jotxl

On one occasion, I had no flexibility with dates and bought a ticket with Swiss in N class, which was more expensive than V class which was sold out. A few days before departure, however, all the sudden V class was available again: obviously they had quite a few seats left and were keen on selling them at short notice.
But why bother with Swiss to JNB: fly BA or AF instead, they offer a similar (BA) or better (AF) inflight product compared to LX.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 6:11 am
Suspended

It is correct that some booking classes can be re-opened. One example: I need to fly this evening from WAW to ZRH. The price is right now 392 PLN, yesterday it was 512 PLN.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

The better price a few days befor seems to be a "late Minute" offer.
10 days before...

AF und BA - no STC-Miles :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.