Search

ZRH FT Exhibition and Dinner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by rorschi
Hello,

I confirm now my participation. I will arrive at 19:05 from MUC (LH3748) and join you at the exhibition or at the restaurant, depending of my real arrival time...

See you tomorrow

Patrick
Patrick, you're set. What about the remaining few tentative folks?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 3:36 am

Programs: LH Sen; US Silver; AA Silver; Hilton Gold
Have to cancel- Apologies and Regrets!

Have a minor family emergency to attend to, so I will not be able to attend tonight.

Was really looking forward to meeting a few FT folks and learning more about my new home airline.

Apologies for the late notice. Have a great time and I hope to be at the next one!

hurlimann
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
sorry guys,

i am still in office and have to stay here for another few hours :-( have fun, take some photos and publish 'em on the web :-)

CHris
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:32 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you verve very much for organizing this event.

* very well organized

* first-class communication between all of us in 6 different languages (6 different alemanique dialects)

* great Unique/Zurich airport gifts from Oli (free tickets for future visits to the airport exhibition and VIP luggage tags)

* perfect Restaurant (and wine) selection: nouvelle italian cucina cooking, and the only Restaurant in the whole Zurich area that I didn't know yet (shame on me)

* somehow 'my' FlyerTalker 'grand-kids' never did show me the huge generation gap between us (except offering me grandfather's 'king' chair at the Restaurant table).

* and very politly my 'security' FT-colleagues succeeded also in bringing me in time and safe to the night bus, bringing me home safely (how did you do that?).

(Oli, I trust that in some minutes you will correct everything of this post, which is not correct ,,, please)
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:10 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thumbs up

FLYGVA and I are here in a newly discovered Apple store in the "Niederdorf" and browse FT on a huuuuuge screen!

It was good meeting you all yesterday night, if somebody wishes to join again tonight for the "Lange Nacht der Museen", let us know.

Thank you very much verve for the initiative and the restaurant suggestion - and thank you Rudi for your wine choice - and for picking up the tab!

We hope to do this again soon...

Jan & Oli
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by airoli
FLYGVA and I are here in a newly discovered Apple store in the "Niederdorf" and browse FT on a huuuuuge screen!
Jan & Oli
Next time us out-of-stationers can perhaps join you via video-conference.

Those Apple stores are something. The one here in Palo Alto is superb - everytime I go in there, I'm like a kid in a candy store.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:02 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

as I'm again on the Swiss-Lounge at ZRH, I take the opportunity to thank verve for the organisation and everybody for the nice evening (and the wine!). The only disappointment was that it was too short...!

Ah yes, as we arrived at the Bellevue, there was a nightbus for Thalwil just leaving, which really arranged me. So sorry that I could not say good bye to everybody

Greetings

Patrick
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:49 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thanks to all (and talk with LH lounge attendant about future of lounge)

After two very short nights in ZRH (@ airoli woke up at 8.00 am) I am not back in my flat and repacking my luggage for a business trip (by train ).

First I also have to thank verve for the organisation, Rudi and verve for the wine, airoli for the insider view in the architecture of Zurich Airport (and additional some Zrich residential buildings) and accompanying me for Lange Nacht der Museen, f4free for the shuttle service from the airport to downtown Zrich and rorschi (and all others) for the nice conversa-tion with an foreigner.

I was a pleasure to me you again and for the first time and I hope, I can come to the next DO in Zrich.

Btw, I had a conversation with the Lounge attendant at the Star Alliance Lounge at ZRH.. She told me, there are no plans to close this lounge as the LX lounges are to small for LX and Star Passengers. There are plans to move all LH flights to A, but the EU (Schengen / Non-Shengen) problem still exists. If there are plans to rebuilt B as EU Area after 2007, the loca-tion of the lounge would be very good. So LH as owner of this lounge thinks, it might be good to stay in this lounge as it this nearer to B than a lounge in A was. And another problem, there is no capacity at ZRH airport to rebuilt the LX lounge to let more people in it.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:37 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Hi all,

my appologies for not showing up. I spent the last 3 days in bed and am slowly recovering.....
Trust you had fun!

Hope to see you next time!
Andreas
Old Sep 5, 2005, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Dear all,

it was a pleasure to organize this event and certainly worth to do it. I really enjoyed your company, the good discussions, the vino santo and of course the opportunity to meet some new FTers in person.

My thanks go to airoli for getting us tickets to the exhibition and those shiny Unique tags, to Rudi for the FT T-Shirt and for choosing this great dessert wine, to F4free for the shuttle service, to Rorschi for joinig us while only getting 124 miles for his MUC-ZRH flight and for FLYGVA for documenting the whole event (tbd I assume).

Plans for a big ZRH DO next year have been disscused and I certainly would like to see it happen.

Verve
Old Sep 5, 2005, 5:50 am
Original Poster

... and I probably need a new Signature ...
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:09 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Sorry to all that I was not there but since I had the chance to get one whole week of Holidays (the first since 2 Years) I was out of Switzerland (where is the difference to the work now) and not logged into Flyertalk. Hope to meet you at the next occasion.

Greets
mbr
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:35 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by verve
Rorschi for joinig us while only getting 124 miles for his MUC-ZRH flight
No, not as many... I got 81 clubmiles and 24 elite-bonusmiles credited. But this is even more than two account-checks by wapsilon this summer

Patrick
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:09 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by verve
... for FLYGVA for documenting the whole event (tbd I assume).
Okay, here we go

Just returned from my business trip and the first thing I have done after entering my flat was to upload the pictures on my homepage (my personal belongings are still in my luggage ).

The pictures of f4free, verve, airoli and me visiting the Airworld exhibition could be found here. I was able to edit the picture of the Swissair Logo, so we more or less visible; I have not taken any pictures in the Restaurant, as it was very small in the room on the first floor.

The pictures, I have taken in the exhibition, of the items for the SR auction and of Terminal E + the Lounge could be found here.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but I have always some problems with my camera inside buildings with dark light

Enjoy or shot the photographer .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.