Search

Star Aliance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: MILES AND MORE FTL
Exclamation Star Aliance

Yest i watch business tv new.
They speak about Lot Polish Airlines , who take Star aliance member.
When they was in Qualiflyer, then get ewery year new customers and finish year with plus netto.
Since they are in SA they lose many ewery year, all long destination take Lufthansa, and customers dont agree miles&more.

I think once day, any cheap airlines make miles membership, and then Lufthansa change all in M&M.
becouse now u have to pay for free ticket reserwation, u need alot of miles to be silver, and if u are german let sa, u need 2 times more miles then another country.
I think, it **** program, and people from TC dont agree it.
Just look for the promotions swiss in the moment.
Nothink for spend, and u can collect with lufthansa...so, fly lufthansa, bring many to them, and get TC miles, hahah
funny..and kill swiss
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:14 am

Could be better to Join Air Canda or United's ffp
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/
www.mileageplus.com

You wont need so many miles to get status.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ramraideruk
Could be better to Join Air Canda or United's ffp
http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/
www.mileageplus.com

You wont need so many miles to get status.
Anything is better than Miles and Scheiss.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:31 pm

Programs: LH and BA
I think it depends all on the travel patern and the location.

I am also pissed off about the benefit reductions in M&M, but on the other hand everybody is pissed of with full SEN and FTL lounges and bad food - menaing too many memebers in SEN. (Lounges actually can be regulated to allow *G only in certain lounges... like RCC of UA)

anyway, I think what I want to say is, if you mainly fly C or F, then LH is a very good program unless you fly through SIN, then SQ is better due to PPS.

For me being in the Us, flying 90% F and the rest C, it is better than UA. I would be UGS on United, but I prefer to be HON on LH. If you look at BA EC then you will see that their requirements are even more absurd (1600 points for Gold = 14 long haul C or nine LH F of which 4 need to be BA). One VERY big advantage ist the 2 year qualification period. this helps a lot. I have already re-qualified until 2008....
so yes, benefits down, service sucks (in the lounge somtimes) but better than other programs.... at least for most of us .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.