Search

Swiss A340 business class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL1K,US Chairman's,wood plat,Marriott plat
Swiss A340 business class

Hello,

Looking forward to our flight from BKK to SIN in mid August. We'll be in Business class, this is actually our first time on Swiss Air.

What do I expect on the flight interm of meal, service and lounge access in BKK and SIN? How would you compare to CX C cabin. The aircraft shown A340 flight 183,182.

Thanks

Last edited by bmwsociety2; Jul 17, 2005 at 3:59 am
Old Jul 17, 2005, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by bmwsociety2
Hello,

Looking forward to our flight from BKK to SIN in mid August. We'll be in Business class, this is actually our first time on Swiss Air.

What do I expect on the flight interm of meal, service and lounge access in BKK and SIN? How would you compare to CX C cabin. The aircraft shown A340 flight 183,182.

Thanks
Lounge access in BKK is at the CX lounge (very nice) though not sure about which lounge they use in SIN. With the A340 on this route, you will get lie-flat-but-at-an-angle seats and the AVOD entertainment system (though I have heard varying reports on whether they turn that on during this 2 hour flight - depends on the crew). Meal service contains of a "light meal" service on a tray with a starter/salad, a main course (choice of 2, I think), and desert.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL1K,US Chairman's,wood plat,Marriott plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Lounge access in BKK is at the CX lounge (very nice) though not sure about which lounge they use in SIN. With the A340 on this route, you will get lie-flat-but-at-an-angle seats and the AVOD entertainment system (though I have heard varying reports on whether they turn that on during this 2 hour flight - depends on the crew). Meal service contains of a "light meal" service on a tray with a starter/salad, a main course (choice of 2, I think), and desert.

Thanks Clipperdelta, looking forward to it!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:26 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Lounge in SIN is the SATS Premier Lounge, very unremarkable. Best feature is the free WLAN.

The meal on the BKK-SIN-BKK segments is small and nothing fancy.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Question Did anyone recently ZRH-SIN?

Originally Posted by bmwsociety2
... Looking forward to our flight from BKK to SIN in mid August....
Did anyone recently ZRH-SIN (or vice versa)? When I did this a few years ago it was one flight and one coupon. Nevertheless, the miles on my account were quoted as ZRH-BKK and BKK-ZRH.

How are the miles in these days quotet?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: TG Gold ,LH Sen, starwood plat
Originally Posted by ziplaufwerk
Did anyone recently ZRH-SIN (or vice versa)? When I did this a few years ago it was one flight and one coupon. Nevertheless, the miles on my account were quoted as ZRH-BKK and BKK-ZRH.

How are the miles in these days quotet?
You will get 1000 in Y, 2000 in C and 3000 in F for each leg. It shows as BKK-SIN or SIN-BKK. If you fly from ZRH-SIN i don't know as I use it only within Asia.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

as you said, ZRH-SIN is one coupon and one flight number. So the miles are quoted for the effective distance ZRH-SIN. This means also, that only one segment is counted. Same if you fly ZRH-SSG-DLA or ZRH-DXB-AUH.

Nevertheless, the miles on my account were quoted as ZRH-BKK and BKK-ZRH.
I guess, you mean ZRH-SIN/SIN-ZRH...?

Patrick
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
The C seats on LX and CX are virtually identical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.