Search

Restrictions on Swiss "Q" class?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, AMEX Plat
Restrictions on Swiss "Q" class?

Hello,

I booked a ticked on Swiss from LHR-CAI in Q class (per the agent), but I was never provided (online when booked) with the restrictions of "Q" class. What is the change fee for a "Q" class fare? It is normal to not provide a passenger with the rules of a particular fare and then deny him/her any way to view those rules? I called Swiss and they told me that I have to write to Swiss in New York to get the fare rules.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ex0dus
Hello,

I booked a ticked on Swiss from LHR-CAI in Q class (per the agent), but I was never provided (online when booked) with the restrictions of "Q" class. What is the change fee for a "Q" class fare? It is normal to not provide a passenger with the rules of a particular fare and then deny him/her any way to view those rules? I called Swiss and they told me that I have to write to Swiss in New York to get the fare rules.
I wounder how you managed to get a Q class. I have not seen a fare with Q class from LHR to CAI. Are you sure?
Although, there is a fare QSUMMER from GVA/ZRH to CAI. Ticket is non-refundable, changes permitted for 200 CHF.

For other SWISS fares in Europe, Q class ticket is usually non-refundable and non-changeable.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkm098
I wounder how you managed to get a Q class. I have not seen a fare with Q class from LHR to CAI. Are you sure?
Although, there is a fare QSUMMER from GVA/ZRH to CAI. Ticket is non-refundable, changes permitted for 200 CHF.

For other SWISS fares in Europe, Q class ticket is usually non-refundable and non-changeable.
Yes, it is a Q class fare. Was booked in January of this year. I had to chage the date, but LX would not let me. Ticket was purchased in British Pounds. New fare was only 70 pounds more.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ex0dus
Yes, it is a Q class fare. Was booked in January of this year. I had to chage the date, but LX would not let me. Ticket was purchased in British Pounds. New fare was only 70 pounds more.
BTW, the new ticket I had to buy is V class. Full mileage on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.