Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss - Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
Swiss - Star Alliance

I just read the press news from swiss - at the annual meeting of star alliance they make decission that from next year on swiss is member - and also south african airways.
So one step more for swiss to LH. If this is a good signal for our STC or if now evrything staring getting more worse? I dont have good hopes in this subject.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
link to the press release:

Swiss to join Star Alliance
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:46 am

Its Official now!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
great webpage ! - allows us to downlaod a pic of Mr Franz
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
sorry - duplicated and dont know how to delete

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jun 2, 2005 at 1:32 am
Old Jun 2, 2005, 2:21 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Question

so if integration into *A takes place during the next 12 months could mean that the integration of STC into M&M (if it should happen) cannot be performed at an earlier time ???
Old Jun 2, 2005, 3:54 am

It's really too bad that I am going to be flying swiss for this summer, not next summer. With my UA account, I could have used couple extra segments in Swiss... which I am flying this weekend to VIE and in two weeks to FCO from GVA and not to mention use of the lounges... Oh well... but it's good to hear that *A is growing more and now with very strong representation, or perhaps over representation, from Europe. This just means I will have more options when flying to and from Europe!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
so if integration into *A takes place during the next 12 months could mean that the integration of STC into M&M (if it should happen) cannot be performed at an earlier time ???
Probably not. But the programs will certainly partner at an earlier date, so you can earn TC miles on LH (and other MM member airlines') flights and MM miles on LX flights. Maybe even status miles. There will probably also be a lounge reciprocity agreement.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by pgale
I just read the press news from swiss - at the annual meeting of star alliance they make decission that from next year on swiss is member - and also south african airways.
So one step more for swiss to LH. If this is a good signal for our STC or if now evrything staring getting more worse? I dont have good hopes in this subject.
Definitely good for the Star Alliance. Soon Swiss and South African Airways will be part of the alliance. Oneworld is getting desperate, now they want Malev to join their team, and as we know, Malev is nowhere near the high standards of Swiss or SAA.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:09 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I think LX is a good addition to Star, but I can't help but wonder when the alliance would become too crowded with European carriers. With LX in the mix, that makes 8 European carriers. Maybe Star should start focusing on recruiting a Middle East carrier since India and its subcontinent traffic are supposed to explode in the next decade or so.

LAX
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
A little bit OT for this forum but concerning the India region "Jet Airways" would be the best carrier to choose for Star...and not Air India, the (already) codeshare-partner of LH
Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:08 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by LAX
I think LX is a good addition to Star, but I can't help but wonder when the alliance would become too crowded with European carriers. With LX in the mix, that makes 8 European carriers. Maybe Star should start focusing on recruiting a Middle East carrier since India and its subcontinent traffic are supposed to explode in the next decade or so.

LAX
Darn it! I was hoping that Swiss would join OneWorld for more balance in Europe.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 9:48 pm

>>Malev to join their team, and as we know, Malev is nowhere near the high standards of Swiss or SAA.[/QUOTE]>>

I disagree with you. I prefer Malev over Swiss. The problem is that I have little opportunity to fly Malev.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX

LAX
I think they have been trying to get Emirates to join the Star Alliance.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretteee
>>Malev to join their team, and as we know, Malev is nowhere near the high standards of Swiss or SAA.
>>

I disagree with you. I prefer Malev over Swiss. The problem is that I have little opportunity to fly Malev.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, like Malev's ancient international Business Class seats on its 767 aircraft beat Swiss' lie-flat J and F class seats on A340 aircraft. Do not forget Malev is a mediocre 3-star airline whereas Swiss has a solid 4-star rank. Not quite the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.